Contribute
Register

System not booting anymore: Please help me fix this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I'm sorry if i'm posting this under the wrong thread- this just seemed the most relevant option to me.

Anyway, last night I was editing a movie on my Hackintosh. While I took a break to clear out some data on my system as it was showing 'startup disk full' - I right clicked on my System Hard disk on the desktop and entered 'Edit info.' Where I changed the permissions at the bottom for 'Everyone' to Never Allow (or something on the similar lines - don't rememember the exact words). A minute into me hitting okay to that, and all my Hard disks got unmounted from my desktop and then the Apple Logo menu bar at top of the desktop vanished. This made me 'force shut down' the system since I had no other option and I haven't been able to log in since. I have tried every way possible- verbose mode, safe mode, boot without kexts, recovery disk boot, etc. but nothing seems to work AT ALL!
Could someone please help me with a solution to this ?

Try booting using your original UniBeast stick and choose it in Clover's boot menu instead of your usual HD . Once at the Installer Menu go up to the Tools menu where you can use Disk Util or Terminal to restore the damaged drive's permissions.

(Don't start the installer obviously)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back