Graphics
GTX 570 2.5GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I had my system (p8z77-v deluxe, 3770k, GTX570 2.5GB) working well for about a month. Just the other day I was exporting out of fcp and the program quit randomly mid-export. I rebooted and ran the export again. This time it froze mid-export. It had a brief warning over the screen about the computer being frozen. The warning had the power icon and japanese text too. The computer was totally frozen so I rebooted. When I turned it back on it started to boot in safe mode, with the loading bar on the apple screen. well, it got about a third of the way through that loading bar and then just turned off. I havent been able to get past that since.

My thoughts are that its the boot drive, a 256gb kingston hyper-x ssd. I booted into BIOS and it still list the drive as the boot priority so it seems to still recognize it there. When booting in verbose it seems to fail when it says "the volume could not be verified completely"

Does this seem like a drive failure that needs to be replaced or something else? Now there's also a weird hiccup sound when it starts to boot. I only have software on the boot drive so I'm fine to wipe it and start over I guess. But any suggestions would be great, I had everything working but audio and now suddenly I'm back to the basics.

So in case anyone encounters a similar problem, the fix is to run your unibeast stick and load the installer off of it. go to disk utility and verify/repair disk and permissions. when i did this it told me it couldn't be repaired so i had to format and reinstall. but i'm back up and running again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back