Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Centris
  2. Lisa
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Not sure if this is the right place for this OpenCore inquiry, but I do appreciate any assistance/experience/wisdom anyone can share.
(Admin: Please move this thread into another section if needed. I wasn't sure exactly where to create it.)

So... I decided to give OpenCore a try as I have read here and other places that Clover did not support 10th gen hardware. (Not sure if that is true, but OC is all the rage so...)
Well after two days of the most grueling configuration ever (compared to Unibeast) I finally got my OC usb stick booting and able to do a trouble free - everything is working - install of Catalina on a new Gigabyte B460M DS3H MB, 10100F CPU, 64gb of 2666 DDR4, and Sapphire RX 580.
Then I put the usb stick back in the original packaging and its locked away in my safe deposit box, lol

Anyway.. with a fully working OC EFI for my hardware, shouldn't I be able to replace the EFI folder on the old system drive with the new one from the usb or from the new test install system disk - and just replace/remove Clover??
I mean isn't that one of the alleged benefits, perks, of OC. Once you get your EFI fully/properly configured for your system you can drop it onto a new/base/previous system disk....

You are correct. Just replace the EFI on the system drive with your new OpenCore EFI.

You are correct. Just replace the EFI on the system drive with your new OpenCore EFI.
So even though my original system drive was an installation with different hardware, the newly configured EFI from my new hardware should contain everything needed for the new hardware to be supported in the previous install?

(I don't currently have a drive big enough to clone my original system drive in case something gets messed up, so just double checking before replacing the EFI, heh..) (Well I had a clone of it, but had to use that drive to do a linux install because everyone said setting up OC was easier from linux..)

So even though my original system drive was an installation with different hardware, the newly configured EFI from my new hardware should contain everything needed for the new hardware to be supported in the previous install?

(I don't currently have a drive big enough to clone my original system drive in case something gets messed up, so just double checking before replacing the EFI, heh..)
1'm 99% certain it will work!. Your Catalina install should be fine with your new OpenCore EFI.

1'm 99% certain it will work!. Your Catalina install should be fine with your new OpenCore EFI.
Looks like it worked!
Only additional thing I had to do was reset/authorize AppleID due to the "new" Mac (system profile).. but looks to be running just fine. Many thanks.

Looks like it worked!
Only additional thing I had to do was reset/authorize AppleID due to the "new" Mac (system profile).. but looks to be running just fine. Many thanks.
Look at you!, good job I'm glad it worked out for you.

Back