Graphics
GTX960
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am seeing the system log cluttered with these messages:

Dec 26 06:26:58 Z97N com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.wifivelocityd): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

Dec 26 06:27:18 Z97N com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.wifivelocityd): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

Dec 26 06:27:28 Z97N com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.wifivelocityd): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

I see this on Sierra 10.12.2 on two of my systems. Does anyone know what these messages mean and how to kill the service causing them?

Good modding,
neil

Do you have any active WiFI speed testing apps installed? Take a look in Library/Launch Agents and /Library/Launch Daemons and see if you find anything related to WiFi there.

Do you have any active WiFI speed testing apps installed? Take a look in Library/Launch Agents and /Library/Launch Daemons and see if you find anything related to WiFi there.

I just rechecked and found nothing related. I also have "FAILED to initialize WiFiVelocity engine" repeating in the Console/Devices section. Using Search turns up nothing related.

Of interest this system is a GA Z97N WiFi without a WiFi card in it. But I get the same thing in a MSI Z87M with WiFi. Both systems run well on older OS's (my favorite is Mavericks).

Good modding,
neil

I'm getting a similar issue!
Macintosh com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.wifivelocityd): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

I have no Wifi card installed and I don't have the .plist file that matches the wfivelocityd filename. Not sure if it's an invisible file? Just want it to stop so my computer can concentrate on actual usage!

I'm getting TONS of this crap in my logs as well:
default 10:58:30.034317 -0700 useractivityd [PBOARD CONTROLLER] Remove Local Timer Fired
default 10:58:39.464218 -0700 wifivelocityd STARTUP! (v49)
default 10:58:39.478963 -0700 wifivelocityd FAILED to initialize WiFiVelocity engine

System log:
Oct 27 10:50:48 George com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.wifivelocityd): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Oct 27 10:51:18 --- last message repeated 2 times ---

*Bump.*

I am getting a lot of these com.apple.wifivelocityd too.

There are no specifically wifi testing apps in my Library/Launch Agents and /Library/Launch Daemons.

Any insights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back