Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD7-B3
CPU
Intel i7
Graphics
Radeon 6870
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have gotten my system up and running well twice now only to have boot problems a few hours later. At this point I can not boot from harddrive or Iboot. When I try to boot from iboot, It will go through the grey screen and advance to a light blue screen and hang. When I try to boot from HDD half of the time it will hang on a black screen with a slash at the top and the other half of the time it will do the exact same thing as iboot. The strange thing is, in the blue screen, I can tap the power button to put it to sleep and when I wake it I am at my login with not keyboard or mouse controls. This is very argravating because I was able to use the system earlier in the day without any problems. Please help. I am running an i7 2600K on a Gigabyte GA Z68x UD7 B3 with a Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphics card.

Re: Crashing at Boot, Can't even boot from iboot

Any thoughts? Here are some pictures of trying to start in verbose and safe mode.

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 122
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 129

System will now eventually boot up, but It will lag at a blue screen after the grey screen for around 10 minutes before showing the desktop. Any ideas what could be causing this?

do you have an external hard drive installed when you're booting up?

No, I feel like the problem might be with my video card because the blue screen is the same as what would appear when you are detecting displays when you plug a new one it. The only difference is that it would normally only be up for a second or two, no ten minutes.

my video card is AMD Radeon HD 6870
MOBO is GA Z68X-UD7-B3

UPDATE I opened in verbose mode and everything seemed fine until I clocked 10 min and 16 sec between the grey screen disappearing and my desktop. This space was filled with the blue screen that you would usually see if you are detecting displays. after looking at my console I found this to be the only thing that seems out of the ordinary

12/28/11 1:04:50 PM com.apple.WindowServer[74] Wed Dec 28 13:04:50 Speed-Racer.local WindowServer[74] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

Any ideas from this? I have been looking everywhere and I can not find a way to fix this. I still get a long hang at a blue screen after the grey apple screen.

I have the same problem :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back