Contribute
Register

System lag after boot, then completely frozen after that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course.
AirportAtheros40.kext is part of IO80211Family.kext.
Do not use patched WiFi kexts.
Install appropriate supported WiFi hardware as per FAQ.

Internal devices such as webcam and bluetooth controller.

Do you have mouse lag during that time?
If so, it is a framebuffer configuration issue.

But my wifi card is unsupported actually, thats why i used a patched kext hahah.

hoo okay", letme modify the ssdt tonight.

Hmm, during the first 20 secs, If i click anything like click the wifi icon, open apps, the cursor will be stucked on the loading state (rainbow ball), is this also considered as mouse lag? haha

But my wifi card is unsupported actually, thats why i used a patched kext hahah.

That kext (and the WiFi hardware) is not recommended.

Hmm, during the first 20 secs, If i click anything like click the wifi icon, open apps, the cursor will be stucked on the loading state (rainbow ball), is this also considered as mouse lag? haha

Mouse lag would be noticed if you move your mouse around and the pointer sometimes stops/lags/doesn't follow.

That kext (and the WiFi hardware) is not recommended.

Mouse lag would be noticed if you move your mouse around and the pointer sometimes stops/lags/doesn't follow.

hm, then my problem is not mouse lag, since I can move the mouse just fine hahah. But, i think it solves itself by using your framebuffer patch (?)

hm, then my problem is not mouse lag, since I can move the mouse just fine hahah. But, i think it solves itself by using your framebuffer patch (?)

This is why you need to clearly describe your issue.

This is why you need to clearly describe your issue.

oh, the problem occured again haha. I think the problem is with the patched airport40, because when I rolled back the kext to the earlier version, my system works perfectly fine, but the wifi is not recognized. I think I'll go back to 10.12.6 until someone has a proper kext haha

oh, the problem occured again haha. I think the problem is with the patched airport40, because when I rolled back the kext to the earlier version, my system works perfectly fine, but the wifi is not recognized. I think I'll go back to 10.12.6 until someone has a proper kext haha

Or install better/compatible WiFi hardware...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back