Contribute
Register

System is randomly freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome, sorry that didn't help. I was getting both types of freezes for a while but for me the freezing while using the computer was rather rare compared to the freezing while I was away from the computer for a period. One of the reasons this is such a frustrating issue is that there are different types of freezes and several different possible causes.

Yeah I just seem to have bad luck with hacks, I tried to build one back in 2011/2012 with the latest parts then and had to give up because it would randomly freeze when I was using it and I couldn't track it down, plus there were other issues as this was pre clover. Now I've built a new system and again I'm having freezing issues, lol. Although they seem to have gone now, fingers crossed.

Yeah I just seem to have bad luck with hacks, I tried to build one back in 2011/2012 with the latest parts then and had to give up because it would randomly freeze when I was using it and I couldn't track it down, plus there were other issues as this was pre clover. Now I've built a new system and again I'm having freezing issues, lol. Although they seem to have gone now, fingers crossed.
So you've solved the problem? How?

In my case I believe the system was freezing because I had Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts as well as RadeonDeInit ticked off in my config.plist, since removing RadeonDeInit, my system hasn't frozen in just over two days.

Ok, thanks for the reply, I'll try this

Your profile looks like you have completely different hardware from me though, so it may or may not work in your case.

Your profile looks like you have completely different hardware from me though, so it may or may not work in your case.
I'm trying everything I can, I am desperate lmao

So today I plugged all my internal hard drives back in after one hour and forty minutes my system froze. It has to be something to do with the the SATA ports in OSX, the drives are fine the cables are new. Any help here would be appreciated.

All my SATA ports are occupied(5 x SSD, 1 x DVD writer), no random freezes in the 10-16 hours I use my computer daily(but I shut it down for the night, and I don't ever use sleep or hibernate)
All HFS+, BTW

I don't hibernate my system either and all my drives are HFS too except my boot SSD which is AFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back