Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170MX Gaming 5
CPU
Intel i7 6700k OC'd to 4.5ghz
Graphics
EVGA GTX 950 (Waiting for GTX 1080 drivers)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hey guys/gals. I recently finished my hackintosh build, and everything for the most part is looking great. However, due to wanting to upgrade to 64gb in the future, I went with 16gb 3200mhz ram (1x16) by kingston. My only issue is since I went with 16gb of ram within a single stick, my "about this mac" only says I have 8gb.

I've looked on other posts before, and they say to simply change the values within clover, but clover has 8gb as a maximum capacity, as well as a maximum of 2600mhz.

View media item 188062
I know that 16gb of ram is present and recognized though, because activity monitor says that I have 16gb, as well as the computer performs like it would with 16gb. (my "about this mac" recognizes 3200mhz)

I thought that perhaps the issue could be that since I was profiled as a 2008 mac pro, that Mac pro likely didn't support 16gb sticks, and thats why it shows up as 8? Maybe my hackintosh install intentionally tricked the system into saying 8gb just to satisfy the max specs of the 2008 mac pro?

Basically it would just be nice to see the same capacity of my ram across multiple profilers, but does that even matter? Is there even a fix to this? I would just like to see my system unanimously agree on 16gb 3200mhz.

I'd love to hear your opinion! Thanks for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.