Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My Hackintosh has been running beautifully for nearly 2 years and I had to do a hard reset one day after trying to hook up a new display. The display wasn't working and I couldn't see what I was doing so I hard reset it. Now, the computer takes 8 mins to boot up if it boots up at all. 8/10 times it won't boot up at all.

I got the message "This system has experienced boot failures because of overclocking or changes of voltages." I am not overclocking at all and I have done the research and cannot find anything except a forum where the answer was resolved but not posted. A user stated "Did u forced a hard reboot or turned the power off e.g.? That is sth. that is confusing the mainboard."

I have no idea what "sth." is or what he is referring to. Any help is greatly appreciated.

MoBo: GA-z68x-ud3h-b3
CPU: I5 3.3 ghz

To get rid of:

"This system has experienced boot failures because of overclocking or changes of voltages."

Just enter the BIOS setup and save changes and restart. That should take care of that particular problem. On my Gigabyte board I get a similar message if I have to do a hard reset from inside OSX.

I actually tried this and I am still having the same issues. Any other suggestions? Changing settings in the BIOS?

Perhaps it's your memory settings. Check to see if you have XMP enabled, mine is set to "profile 1" I think. I just noticed we have the same board.

It was enabled. I changed it to profile 1. Only time will tell if it fixed the issue. I keep getting the overclocking message. It keeps saying that my CPU is running at 3.7 ghz even though i change it in the BIOS to 33x100 and then save it. Is there a reason why it might not be saving the setting?

I just have mine set to auto-everything. Are you running UEFI BIOS or the standard Award BIOS? Either way, load the BIOS defaults then make the changes required by the Hackintosh and there's no reason you should be getting the overclocking error.

Now it wont boot at all. By the way, my setting in the BIOS is 3.3 for the CPU

I had the exact same message this morning due to an overnight system freeze (it's very hot here right now) and all I did was press delete to enter BIOS, then "exit bios and save settings" and I was good to go. Without looking on Gigabyte's site your CPU is officially supported I'm assuming? What version of BIOS do you have? I'm at F12.

My BIOS is at F10. I removed the CMOS battery and got the CPU ratio to lower but it's still not booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back