Contribute
Register

System freezing for power system problems.

Motherboard
G1 sniper b5
CPU
I7 9470
Graphics
1060 3gb
I have a problem related to freezes on Linux and MacOS systems. The problem is related to my processor, on Linux I managed to solve by putting a parameter in the Kernel using the GRUB "intel_idle.max_cstate = 1". Does anyone know of any way to set this command on the High Sierra? Or some other way to change the C-State to 1?

My PC: i7 4970 , G1 Sniper B5, 12G RAM, 480GB SSD, GTX 1060 3GB

Thanks for your attention, and sorry for my bad English

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490i Aorus Ultra - OC 0.6.8
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
GT 1030
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a problem related to freezes on Linux and MacOS systems. The problem is related to my processor, on Linux I managed to solve by putting a parameter in the Kernel using the GRUB "intel_idle.max_cstate = 1". Does anyone know of any way to set this command on the High Sierra? Or some other way to change the C-State to 1?

My PC: i7 4970 , G1 Sniper B5, 12G RAM, 480GB SSD, GTX 1060 3GB

Thanks for your attention, and sorry for my bad English

Hi there.

If you are using the Clover boot-loader for macOS then check out Clover Configurator and the ACPI tab. Look in the bottom-right corner ...

Power2.jpg

This is where the C-State settings can be generated - not specifically C-State=1. However, macOS doesn't just use one, but a range (as I'm sure you know). The most common setting is just to select "PluginType" as I have done in the screengrab. This seems to work for most people.

:)

Motherboard
G1 sniper b5
CPU
I7 9470
Graphics
1060 3gb
Thanks for the quick response.

I will try this, but I am already relieved to know that it is possible to solve this.

Motherboard
G1 sniper b5
CPU
I7 9470
Graphics
1060 3gb
Hi there.

If you are using the Clover boot-loader for macOS then check out Clover Configurator and the ACPI tab. Look in the bottom-right corner ...

View attachment 517936

This is where the C-State settings can be generated - not specifically C-State=1. However, macOS doesn't just use one, but a range (as I'm sure you know). The most common setting is just to select "PluginType" as I have done in the screengrab. This seems to work for most people.
Sorry but I didn't find this clover interface on my system, how do I get it?

I noticed that you can set some Clover settings before starting the system, and by default the C-State comes in 6 and you can remove it.

However, when I restart the machine, the Clover configuration seems to be reset, how do I save it?