Contribute
Register

System Freezes; Screens go to one black one white. (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not resist I changed the rename to GFX1 and the SM to 6,1. I also enabled the IGPU even though a 6,1 would not have one. However, to boot at normal speed I had to add disablefxfirmware in the boot arguments other wise it took like 5 mins to boot and there was an error about it in the -V. It also shows me CFL CRB but iTunes does not play movies when IGPU is enabled.

Last edited:
At this point, it sounds like things are much more stable for you without them.

Have you restarted at all or have you kept the system up and running throughout?

I rebooted last night because to turn the IGPU off so Movies on iTunes would work. I rebooted just now to Turn it back on and change the SM, and I am going to reboot again right now to turn the IGPU back off.

I rebooted last night because to turn the IGPU off so Movies on iTunes would work. I rebooted just now to Turn it back on and change the SM, and I am going to reboot again right now to turn the IGPU back off.

To be honest, I'm surprised you are able to get iTunes DRM videos to play without WhateverGreen (the Shiki component).

To be honest, I'm surprised you are able to get iTunes DRM videos to play without WhateverGreen (the Shiki component).

Worked Fine with 18,3 as long as IGPU was disabled, same with 6,1... Something with the IGPU messes it up at least for me. Even with WE and Shiki it did not work until I disabled IGPU.

The patch applies also on Mojave, of course.
You need hardware acceleration not only for HEVC exporting.

I suggested you a possible and extremely easy solution. It's your choice to try it or now.

As a matter of fact I have done as you suggested months ago and it did not solve my problem. The EFI I started with before I changed to a modified version of Pastry's two days ago had no DSDT patches matter of fact the only thing on that page in clover at all was Plugin Type!

At this point, it sounds like things are much more stable for you without them.

After I changed to Mac 6,1 again it crashed with in oh say 4/hrs so I changed it back to 18,3 and it crashed one time after I messed with preview and then just crashed almost upon boot. Yes I changed the rename back and the find replace.

Last edited:
After I changed to Mac 6,1 again it crashed with in oh say 4/hrs so I changed it back to 18,3 and it crashed one time after I messed with preview and then just crashed almost upon boot. Yes I changed the rename back and the find replace.

So it was crashing with the renames?

Yes sir, It has not crashed since but I have not messed with Preview and a jpg I think that maybe the crashes after I changed back were related to that.

I don't suppose macOS gave any panic logs?

I don't suppose macOS gave any panic logs?

No at least not this time and I try and keep it cleared out so if something is new I will see it.

There is likely an old post somewhere that has some logs though I am not sure at this point the error is the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back