Contribute
Register

System Freezes; Screens go to one black one white. (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. As far as I know, the ACPI names should only be 3 or 4 characters. You may need to use the other rename method that uses ACPI path.

View attachment 355844

Yea that's what I do not understand really is how the path works how much of it is included?

Also I think the DRM problem might be more related to two GPU and less to do with iGPU enabled. I could be wrong about this though.

Attachments

• IOreg - WO - WG.png
    IOreg - WO - WG.png
    228.8 KB · Views: 70
Here is my attempt, can you tell me if I need to include pic-brige and display I guess that is what confuses me. When there is one card the driver starts after PEGP Like shown on the lower card in the register.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 4.13.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 4.13.42 PM.png
    381 KB · Views: 63
Yea that's what I do not understand really is how the path works how much of it is included?

Also I think the DRM problem might be more related to two GPU and less to do with iGPU enabled. I could be wrong about this though.

I would think that this is where you would find the path:
Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 7.16.57 PM.png

Have you always had two video cards installed?

Here is my attempt, can you tell me if I need to include pic-brige and display I guess that is what confuses me. When there is one card the driver starts after PEGP Like shown on the lower card in the register.

I think that should be correct...

Be sure to have a backup of your EFI folder that you can boot from in case it doesn't work right.

Have you always had two video cards installed?

No

I think that should be correct...

Be sure to have a backup of your EFI folder that you can boot from in case it doesn't work right.

So yes it was correct and movies played but the had green and red stripes. That got me thinking what if I take the 560 out, put enable the iGPU only insted of GFX0 to iGPU I did GFX0 to GFX2 rebooted. However this does not help with the shifting the output load to the monitor onto another card.

Mac Pro 6,1 No WG, iGPU enabled "shows Intel HD Graphics CFL CRB"

Renames
PEGP ----> GFX1
GFX0 ----> GFX2 "Maybe this is what I should have always done just did not know it to do it"

DRM Works
H264 works
HEVC does not Work
Preview works

Will Test for crashes maybe this is the solution hopefully it is. Sine I do not do video encoding HEVC is not really make it or break it.

EDIT:

IT crashed like I figured it would because the second monitor was plugged into the card. I wonder if it has to do with separate desktops causes some kind of glitch. Maybe I should use an extended desktop so the card renders it as one space rather than two.

Looks like an error with the IGPU probably because I named it GFX2...

Attachments

• Kernel_2018-10-06-202358_The-Red-Queen.panic.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Have not had any crashes in about a week however, I have done my best to avoid wow with iTunes as that seems to expedite the crashes thus avoiding them rather then fixing them.

My current configure ended up:

SM 14,2 "gives me both display ports no WE"
No IGPU "No issues with DRM"
NoVPAJpeg "fix jpeg in quicklook"
RenameDevice PEGP -----> GFX0

Some SSDT files "fix hardware encoding" Still think it uses the IGPU even though it is disabled. During encoding in videoproc it shows Intel as the card doing the work though it is disabled.

Have not had any crashes in about a week however, I have done my best to avoid wow with iTunes as that seems to expedite the crashes thus avoiding them rather then fixing them.

My current configure ended up:

SM 14,2 "gives me both display ports no WE"
No IGPU "No issues with DRM"
NoVPAJpeg "fix jpeg in quicklook"
RenameDevice PEGP -----> GFX0

Some SSDT files "fix hardware encoding" Still think it uses the IGPU even though it is disabled. During encoding in videoproc it shows Intel as the card doing the work though it is disabled.

Awesome. So I guess it's WoW and iTunes... I took a glance at the Blizzard forum and there seems to be lots of people with all sorts of issues with WoW. It doesn't seem like it's stable at all.

Awesome. So I guess it's WoW and iTunes... I took a glance at the Blizzard forum and there seems to be lots of people with all sorts of issues with WoW. It doesn't seem like it's stable at all.

I have had issue with wow with a shitty patch, this is not that IMO.

I was totally abled to use iTunes and wow with the second monitor plugged into a second video card. Wow by itself no issues, I tunes by itself no issues, One monitor or two video cards with one monitor each no issues.

Wow, iTunes, dual 4k monitors creates some kind of perfect storm crash. I feel like it is some kind of driver issue. I have also sent what ever wow crash logs I have seen to Blizzard.

Update Today, it crashed with next to nothing open Messages and email. The panic was a GPU restart. After that I decided to try and use the iGPU as the output for the second monitor so I set to 18,1. However it gave me a pink screen when I used the HDMI and nothing when I used the DP. I did notice however, that iTunes movies work. I also noticed that when I tried plug/unplug from the onboard video card it would cause the system reboot even at the clover boot screen.

Update Today, it crashed with next to nothing open Messages and email. The panic was a GPU restart. After that I decided to try and use the iGPU as the output for the second monitor so I set to 18,1. However it gave me a pink screen when I used the HDMI and nothing when I used the DP. I did notice however, that iTunes movies work. I also noticed that when I tried plug/unplug from the onboard video card it would cause the system reboot even at the clover boot screen.

If you are not using any injections, macOS sets the ig-platform-id to 3E920000 which is a headless/connectorless id. I'm surprised it gave you an output at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back