Contribute
Register

System Freezes; Screens go to one black one white. (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried imovie and even imovie fully loads up the rx580 with h.264 hardware rendering. Why is this not possible for fcpx ? I was shocked!!!

No clue. I do not even do video editing I just installed the software for quick tests. Just for reference.

After all this, we still can't even isolate the cause of your crashes...

It's probably not hardware since, it works fine in Windows.
It's probably not DRM because it crashes when not playing DRM content.
It's not IGPU because you have it disabled.
It's not WhateverGreen because you don't use it.
It's not macOS because I haven't seen anyone else report anything like this.

Well maybe it did lead to or isolate the crashes... I never really wanted to admit that maybe it was the monitors or rather running two of them. When I got home I plugged the RX 560 in and put the second monitor on it. It booted no problem with both monitors One on the Vega 64 and one on the RX 560

Wow sees the card as Radeon RX 560 but Mac sees it as Radeon pro 555 the card is RX 560

Broke DRM
Preview Works
iTunes Music --- Wow: Did not crash after a few hours
Installed Parallels --- It also in the past had been running during crashes, ran it with wow and music for about an hour.
Installed iTunes on Parallels/Windows Running it with wow for about 45 mins watching a movie from Parallels.

So as long as it does not crash I guess I will be using it like this Currently my config is:

Mac Pro 6,1 no WG, no Lilu, No IGPU, No Renames (not really sure how I would do those) I tried reading the custom SSDT post that was totally confusing.

Parallels in coherence running windows for DRM content. :banghead::banghead:

@markmac no I do not have working any hardware encoding decoding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back