CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My hack froze and everything became unresponsive and so had to reboot. i then looked in Console and found a huge graphics debug dump like this
Code:
8/07/11 2:54:28 	kernel	** Device in slot: SLOT--1 **
8/07/11 2:54:28 	kernel	** GPU Debug Info Start **
[large hex dump]
8/07/11 2:54:45 	kernel	** GPU Debug Info End **
my graphics has frozen before and i just dismissed it as a one off. could this be a chameleon bug causing my graphics to spaz out? or is my GPU dying? i have noticed a few static green dots while gaming, but seemed to have fixed this by reseating the GPU and removing dust (maybe it was overheating)

thanks

I just have the exact same behaviour. Do you already know what it is? iStat says my GPU is around 70° idling in OSX just with youtube on.

Ill maybe try to reattach my arctic cooling gpu cooler to the 12V line instead of 7 cause i also want to game with it later^^

just using gordos guide 4 sandy bridge, everything else runs fine.

Hi, im not sure what the problem was, everything seems to be stable since. my 4870 idles around 70C as well, so maybe the heat is slowly killing it.

im getting a 6870 soon :D so hopefully this wont happen again as its much more power efficient and cooler at idle.

So i got a new 5770 (gigabyte batman edition) idling at about 60° at 27° room temp. but i got the same error in console again after 3 days now - so i dont think its the heat! it must be something else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back