CPU
I7 6700k
Graphics
HD 530 IGFX; GIGABYTE RX 460
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, feel like s total noob, but I shouldn't be!

Got to get to S/L/E but the system is just not there??

Got L/E but the kext I need to edit (amd9510 ) is just not there so I'm sure that's not the right place?

Upgraded to 12.4 and AMD card needs this mod to work ( running on IGPU at present)

Been there before can't get my head why missing? Dual boot to windows 10 btw; is this stored on the windows disk by accident ( i.e. Does clover run from this other disk?) just clutching at straws really?

Many thanks

Hi all, feel like s total noob, but I shouldn't be!

Got to get to S/L/E but the system is just not there??

Got L/E but the kext I need to edit (amd9510 ) is just not there so I'm sure that's not the right place?

Upgraded to 12.4 and AMD card needs this mod to work ( running on IGPU at present)

Been there before can't get my head why missing? Dual boot to windows 10 btw; is this stored on the windows disk by accident ( i.e. Does clover run from this other disk?) just clutching at straws really?

Many thanks

It is not missing, just hidden.

If you want to unhide it
In Terminal:
Code:
sudo chflags -R nohidden /System

If you want to unhide it
In Terminal:
Code:
sudo chflags -R nohidden /System
Many thanks guys that sorted.

Modified AMD9510controllerkext exactly as Gigamaxx said but when I dragged info plist back to contents ( it didn't move it just copied to desktop?) it did NOT as to authenticate & replace just to authenticate?

Doesn't look like kext is loading is this why!

Whenever you modify a kext, you have to reinstall the whole kext, not just copy in the parts that you changed (because of the kernel cache). Backup the original kext (just in case) AND make a copy of it to your desktop, make the necessary changes to that copy, then run KextBeast to install it back to /S/L/E (or /L/E, depending on where it came from).

Also, if you want to access the System folder without unhiding it, you can do so in the Finder by selecting "Go to Folder" from the "Go" menu and typing in "/System" (or "/System/Library/Extensions" if that's where you want to go). A Finder window will open in whatever folder you enter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back