Graphics
geforce 9800 gt, hd3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Back story: I just did a fresh install of Catalina 10.15.5 with unibeast and multibeast. It went pretty smoothly and I was still trying to iron out issues with graphics, wifi card, and sleep. I was able to boot from the hard drive, run multibeast, and I selected the legacy clover boot mode, apple ALC (889), inject nvidia, virtualsmc, and usbinjectall. Then nothing changed as far as I could tell. I restarted and my resolution was still weird. My monitor was connected to the DVI cable on the back of the gpu, so at least that was working, but my computer didn't recognize the graphics card in the system profiler or the "about this mac" tab.

Here are my questions:
1) Did I do something wrong? Should I have not selected inject nvidia?
2) Should I be trying a DSDT patcher instead? Multibeast didn't seem to help with the wifi, graphics, or sleep. I've looked at clover configurator and hackintool, and to be honest I don't understand most of what I'm looking at so I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly for my system.

Any help is most appreciated. I'm very thankful to this community for my desktop and laptop builds.

Note: In case any solutions suggest disabling SIP via terminal to add a kext or something, I haven't been able to get that to last after I boot into recovery, enter the command in terminal, and restart.

My system:
GB H55M-UD2H motherboard
Intel quad core i5-760 1156 slot CPU
4gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 ram
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB DDR3 PCI GPU
D-link DWA-556 pci-e wifi card (Atheros based)

Thanks, don't know how I missed that. I'm ordering that now, as well as some ram upgrades. Meanwhile, I hope I can get wifi, sound, and sleep working.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back