Contribute
Register

System Definition Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running 10.12 on a Core 2 Duo E8400 and a Core 2 Quad Q9400 works perfectly fine.

May I ask, what the specs of your E8400-build are? Which graphics card do you use?
I have a Asus P5Q-E which I want to use with a GeForce 9400 GT - on this machine, I'm still on SnowLeopard...

May I ask, what the specs of your E8400-build are? Which graphics card do you use?
I have a Asus P5Q-E which I want to use with a GeForce 9400 GT - on this machine, I'm still on SnowLeopard...

It's a HP Elite 8000 with the E8400. My quad build is using a MSI G41M-P25 it's in my signatures both using ATI Radeon 5450 graphics.

"
As for a "bypass or fake kext," you'll need to change your System Definition to iMac10,1 or Macmini4,1, depending on your graphics hardware. MultiBeast does not yet have these sysdefs; I've made a request for them in the MultiBeast future feature thread.

Which do you suggest for my GT8800? iMac or Macmini?

And when you say Big speed bump, do you mean like spinning wheel a long time before app starts?

And when you say Big speed bump, do you mean like spinning wheel a long time before app starts?

Use iMac 10.1 will be fine I've tested the BFG 8000GTX 320MB works fine with iMac 10.1.

No...it means a job will execute more quickly. :headbang:

A bit of history: My previous Mac workhorse was a MacBook (Late 2007) with a 2.2 GHz dual-core Merom (E7500). Using Handbrake's "High Profile" (formerly "Deux Six Quatre") preset with advanced options (optimal B-frames, temporal/spatial optimization enabled, multi-hexagon ME, psychovisual trellis, Dolby Digital 5.1 pass-through), a nominal one-hour TV show recorded by EyeTV (MPEG-2, typically 54-57 min actual run time) at 720/59.94p would typically take about 8-10 hours to transcode to H.264, depending on program content.

On this Hackintosh, with its quad-core Penryn (Q9650) running at 3 GHz, the same task runs about 4x faster. This is a bigger speed-up than might be expected from raw CPU speed. According to Handbrake's logs, the GPU isn't being used. The only other difference is SSE4.

Similar speedups can be expected with DVD/Blu-Ray player apps, iTunes, Photoshop/GIMP, BOINC (depending on which projects you run), etc., etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back