Motherboard
Asus P5P41TED
CPU
E8500
Graphics
GeForce 6200
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
First, it refused to download the installer, saying that Sierra will not work on this Mac. I have used Multibeast to change to System Definitions, I was able to download the installer and create the installation USB driver. Then, on boot, it gave me the error on boot: this version of Mac OS X does not work on this platform. Error code Mac-f227bec8 . It has to do something with System definitions.

Last edited:
First, it refused to download the installer, saying that Sierra will not work on this Mac. I have used Multibeast to change to System Definitions, I was able to download the installer and create the installation USB driver. Then, on boot, it gave me the error on boot: this version of Mac OS X does not work on this platform. Error code Mac-f227bec8 . It has to do something with System definitions.

Could be your system is not getting a good guess from Clover. The config.plists in the guide don't have any system definition.

Try running MultiBeast on the USB- and install iMac14,2 system definition. Then reboot.

Tried it. It gets stuck just after the series of plus marks (++++++++++++++) at boot.

Mount your usb's EFI partition and be sure you have FakeSMC.kext in your "EFI/Clover/kexts/Other" folder, you may need to also delete all of the folders in /kext, 10.10, 10.11 etc.. and just leave the /Other folder.

Tried it. It gets stuck just after the series of plus marks (++++++++++++++) at boot.

Make sure SIP fully disabled not partially disabled. CsrActiveConfig set to 0x67 not 0x03.

Mount your usb's EFI partition and be sure you have FakeSMC.kext in your "EFI/Clover/kexts/Other" folder, you may need to also delete all of the folders in /kext, 10.10, 10.11 etc.. and just leave the /Other folder.
FakeSMC was copy-pasted in the first place. Re-installed Clover to mount the EFI partition and deleted all those folders. It does not work, same issue.

Make sure SIP fully disabled not partially disabled. CsrActiveConfig set to 0x67 not 0x03.
I was never able to use csrutil commands, since I use a ps2 keyboard (Although this is not a laptop), one reason being to keep the usb ports available. On install of El Capitan, I use a usb mouse temporarily until I can install all necessary kexts using Multibeast and KextBeast.

I was never able to use csrutil commands, since I use a ps2 keyboard (Although this is not a laptop), one reason being to keep the usb ports available. On install of El Capitan, I use a usb mouse temporarily until I can install all necessary kexts using Multibeast and KextBeast.
If you installing on Intel Pentium Dual E2180 then its time to buy new system, Q3'2007? srsly?

Last edited:

MacOS Sierra supports only CPUs with SSE4 support

MacOS Sierra supports only CPUs with SSE4 support
El Capitan worked fine on this configuration. So, Sierra means that the real hardware requirements changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back