ASUS GTX 660 Ti DCII
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone,

At the moment I'm working on my first hackintosh. Even though I looked up quite alot of information and follow every step, I can't get it to work so far. I can get to the installation menu, format and partition the SSD. Then it starts installing but during the installation process, my system crashes.

This is the hardware that I'm using:
-CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 (non-K)
-Mainboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 (flashed from BIOS to UEFI -> version U1j)
-Memory: 2x 4 GB Corsair XMS3 (stock settings -> 1333 MHz 9-9-9-24 1,5V)
-Graphics card: MSI Radeon HD 7770
-SSD: Intel 320 Series 120 GB
-Power supply: Corsair VX550W

In the BIOS, I disabled VT-d and set the hard drive mode to AHCI instead of IDE.

Hopefully someone has any idea how to solve this.

Kind regards,

Michiel

Welcome.

Please put your specs in your profile like it says in the Rules.
"Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you."

Thanks in anticipation.

Boot with -v and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Good Luck

Was actually doing that while you were typing that message, it was in as soon as I read it ;)

Was actually doing that while you were typing that message, it was in as soon as I read it ;)

I noticed - Thanks

Boot with -v and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Good Luck

What do you mean with -v exactly?

I just made a short video if what happens to make it more clear:
[video=youtube_share;ZLHbZNyCXbw]http://youtu.be/ZLHbZNyCXbw[/video]

By the way, I forgot to include the motherboard revision. It's a Rev 1.3 board.

Oh now I get what you mean. I tried that before with arrow down -> Boot Verbose but it gave me the same result. Now I tried it through typing -v but I get the exact same result as in the video unfortunately.

I also tried booting through the CPU's internal GPU but then the system already crashes when you see the grey Apple logo on a white background. I also tried an old Asus GeForce 9600GT that I still had somewhere, it gets a little further since it also shows that it's loading but it still crashes. The HD 7770 seems to be the only graphics adapter to even get me to the installation menu but still can't get it to install successfully. Typing GraphicsEnabler=Yes causes the system to crash immediately, I think this shouldn't be used anyway since the HD 7770 is officially supported by OSX Mavericks (correct me if I'm wrong).

For the installation I also removed one of the memory modules. Instead of the Xtreme Memory Profile I also tried to lower the memory speed from 1333 to 1066 and loosen up the timings from 9-9-9-24 to 10-10-10-30 but that didn't do anything either.

Don't really now what to try more, running out of options :(

Edit: Appearently the 9600GT needed the GraphicsEnabler=Yes, now it gets to the installation just like the HD 7770 does. Seems to get even further in the installation process. Fingers crossed :beachball:

Finally I managed to install OS X 10.9(.3) on my SSD. The reason 9600GT didn't pass through was that the card needed the GraphicsEnabler=Yes, I thought I tried that with the 9600GT as well but appearently I just did it with the HD 7770. When I did that, I installed OS X using that the 9600GT, and switched back to the HD 7770 afterwards which seems to work fine. Unfortunately, I ran into another problem.

Because I'm using an SSD I get the boot0 error. I followed the tutorial to solve it but that didn't work..

This is what I did:
full.jpg

This is what I got:
full.jpg

I also had a Z77-DS3H (Rev 1.1) motherboard laying around. I tried that one instead of the Z68XP-UD3 (even though I prefer the UD3's featureset) and it doesn't give me the crash during the Mac OS X installation with the HD 7770. I still get the exact same problem as shown in the last picture though, I can't boot to Mac OS X without the USB-stick even after fixing the SSD's sector issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back