Contribute
Register

System boots in sleep after PNLF patch (m3-7y30 mix plus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Cube mix plus
CPU
M3-7y30
Graphics
HD 615, 1920 × 1080
Hi all,
I'm having problems with my tablet. I applied the patch for the backlight and now I get a strage behavior at boot... When it boots it first charge the bar until it reaches the half then it stops, it glitches (as normal when charging the graphics) and then the screen turn off... The system, in a first time, is not in sleep but I can't turn on the screen (I can see that because sometimes I can hear a sound after some seconds that the screen turns black or thanks the vibration on touch of the windows button of the tablet)... When the button doesn't respond to the touch vibrating the tablet is officially in sleep and I can wake up it and the screen pressing the power key... From now to the reboot I can use the tablet as usual, no problem at all...
I tried to change all the ig-platform-id I can find with hex fiend but no one solve my problem... I tried also different product ids for the EDID but nothing to do... I really don't know how to fix that problem...
P.s.
Not important but in case I can't fix the problem I would like to re-enable the usb wake... I tried to delete the PWR SSDT but I think I forgot something but the keyboard can't wake the device at the boot and force me to press the power button... The purpose of that is that I don't want to spoil the power button faster than normal...
If there is another way to make brightness to work I'd like to try it...
Thanks to all..

Attachments

• debug_25780.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 61
Hi all,
I'm having problems with my tablet. I applied the patch for the backlight and now I get a strage behavior at boot... When it boots it first charge the bar until it reaches the half then it stops, it glitches (as normal when charging the graphics) and then the screen turn off... The system, in a first time, is not in sleep but I can't turn on the screen (I can see that because sometimes I can hear a sound after some seconds that the screen turns black or thanks the vibration on touch of the windows button of the tablet)... When the button doesn't respond to the touch vibrating the tablet is officially in sleep and I can wake up it and the screen pressing the power key... From now to the reboot I can use the tablet as usual, no problem at all...
I tried to change all the ig-platform-id I can find with hex fiend but no one solve my problem... I tried also different product ids for the EDID but nothing to do... I really don't know how to fix that problem...
P.s.
Not important but in case I can't fix the problem I would like to re-enable the usb wake... I tried to delete the PWR SSDT but I think I forgot something but the keyboard can't wake the device at the boot and force me to press the power button... The purpose of that is that I don't want to spoil the power button faster than normal...
Thanks to all..
I made an error with the dump because I forgot to enable the edid I'm rebuilding the dump but the results is the same
Replaced the debug with the correct one

Last edited:
Hi all,
P.s.
Thanks to all..

Your computer may not be compatible with AppleBacklight.kext.
Try using IntelBacklight.kext instead... you will need to use "Brightness by bergdesign" to control it.

Your computer may not be compatible with AppleBacklight.kext.
Try using IntelBacklight.kext instead... you will need to use "Brightness by bergdesign" to control it.
I'll give it a try, however the problem is when I inject voodooI2C If I don't inject this kext and his satellite I have no problem... Even if I injected it one time than I disable the injection and reboot... I still thinks it must be something depending on it...
I'll give a look on IntelBacklight but I tried both pnlf and addpnlf method and both lead me to problems... The first to the boot problem as described, the second to sudden black screen when in use (even without applebacklightinjector...) and I read that intelbacklight uses addpnlf

I'll give it a try, however the problem is when I inject voodooI2C If I don't inject this kext and his satellite I have no problem... Even if I injected it one time than I disable the injection and reboot... I still thinks it must be something depending on it...
I'll give a look on IntelBacklight but I tried both pnlf and addpnlf method and both lead me to problems... The first to the boot problem as described, the second to sudden black screen when in use (even without applebacklightinjector...) and I read that intelbacklight uses addpnlf

There are several cases you use terms like "this kext", "his satellite", "it", with no clear definition of what you're referring to...

There are several cases you use terms like "this kext", "his satellite", "it", with no clear definition of what you're referring to...
I'm sorry. With this kext I mean VoodooI2C.kext. "His satellite" I mean the VoodooI2C satellite "VoodooI2CHID.kext". "it" is again VoodooI2C (+ the satellite).

I'm sorry. With this kext I mean VoodooI2C.kext. "His satellite" I mean the VoodooI2C satellite "VoodooI2CHID.kext". "it" is again VoodooI2C (+ the satellite).

What do you mean by "inject" with regard to kexts...
All kexts should be installed, not injected.

What do you mean by "inject" with regard to kexts...
All kexts should be installed, not injected.
VoodooI2C, as per guide on VoodooI2C thread, needs to be injected and not installed... I tried also to install the kext, the result is that the I2C device stop to work.
I found a way to install VoodooI2C in system removing AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext as written in the old VoodooI2C thread... However, as I'm asking for support I'm using only standard guides... (Even with VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID installed in /L/E/ I have the problem in the op).
As you can see in the dump only VoodooI2C kexts are injected, the others are installed

VoodooI2C, as per guide on VoodooI2C thread, needs to be injected and not installed... I tried also to install the kext, the result is that the I2C device stop to work.

If you're going to inject (due to bugs/requirements of certain kexts), make sure you only inject that kext, not others.

I found a way to install VoodooI2C in system removing AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext as written in the old VoodooI2C thread...

Indicates a IOProbeScore issue with I2C kexts, I think...
The AppleIntelLpss*.kext could probably be disabled with the appropriate disabler kext.

As you can see in the dump only VoodooI2C kexts are injected, the others are installed

Wrong. You have a whole pile of kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
If you turn on injection within Clover GUI, all of those kexts will be injected.
Currently, none of those kexts are injected due to config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect (and FakeSMC.kext is installed).

came across this the other day, you can install VoodooI2C to system and not have to delete AppleIntelLpss*.kext:

Screen-Shot-2018-03-30-at-11.31.00-AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back