Contribute
Register

System boot loop after Multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right so I did a clean install then ran this Multibeast config. After I try boot from my SSD I just get a blank screen (doesn’t show bootloader) the system seems to be on as the caps lock lights still work but I’ve got no display output (I’m using VGA)

Sadly, although VGA will work for the BIOS and any preboot Vesa graphics, macOS no-longer supports it. You need HDMI as a minimum, and certainly for Catalina.

Sadly, although VGA will work for the BIOS and any preboot Vesa graphics, macOS no-longer supports it. You need HDMI as a minimum, and certainly for Catalina.

ahh I see. Makes sense but why would it work if I boot to the OS via my install USB?

ahh I see. Makes sense but why would it work if I boot to the OS via my install USB?

Do you get fully accelerated / full resolution graphics when you boot with the USB? If you do, then I don't know o_O

Actually some people claim they have made VGA work but I'm not sure of the trickery used. As Apple no longer use the system it seems unlikely it would stay reliable.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back