Contribute
Register

System boot loop after Multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H97M-D3H
CPU
i5 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed Catalina on my Dell Optiplex 5060 (Coffee Lake i7, 2X 8GB). The installation went fine and I restored from my old time machine backup (different hackintosh setup). I ran multibeast and just added
Clover UEFI Bootloader
Virtual SMC
System def iMac 14,2
Graphics - Intel HD 630 (coffee lake)

now I’m stuck in a boot loop but I can boot using my install USB. Also Ethernet, Wifi, bluetooth and sound doesn’t work and the VRAM is only 5MB.

Attachments

• 3077C8E9-F58C-476D-98D4-30ABA9AE8C4E.jpeg
    3077C8E9-F58C-476D-98D4-30ABA9AE8C4E.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 80
  • 861DD6BE-EAB7-4BB4-B2E8-930471C598BA.png
    861DD6BE-EAB7-4BB4-B2E8-930471C598BA.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
I installed Catalina on my Dell Optiplex 5060 (Coffee Lake i7, 2X 8GB). The installation went fine and I restored from my old time machine backup (different hackintosh setup). I ran multibeast and just added
Clover UEFI Bootloader
Virtual SMC
System def iMac 14,2
Graphics - Intel HD 630 (coffee lake)

now I’m stuck in a boot loop but I can boot using my install USB. Also Ethernet, Wifi, bluetooth and sound doesn’t work and the VRAM is only 5MB.

Hi there.

As you have copied your Hackintosh setup from a different machine, you need to review the kexts you installed for that build, in Library/Extensions. I assume the EFI partition on the Dell was completely empty before you ran Clover?

:)

Hi there.

As you have copied your Hackintosh setup from a different machine, you need to review the kexts you installed for that build, in Library/Extensions. I assume the EFI partition on the Dell was completely empty before you ran Clover?

I restored from my time machine backup then ran multibeast, but I also did run Beast Clean

Attachments

• 34843A98-2B31-4A7F-B966-238C5AB2F156.jpeg
    34843A98-2B31-4A7F-B966-238C5AB2F156.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 62
I restored from my time machine backup then ran multibeast, but I also did run Beast Clean

Okay ...

... those kexts in Library/Extensions - Lilu, Whatevergreen, AppleALC, USBInjectAll and AHCI-3rdParty-SATA - should be moved to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (some may be there already). Once you've deleted them from L/E then rebuild your kexts caches using the Terminal command: sudo kextcache-i /

...and reboot.

I
Okay ...

... those kexts in Library/Extensions - Lilu, Whatevergreen, AppleALC, USBInjectAll and AHCI-3rdParty-SATA - should be moved to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (some may be there already). Once you've deleted them from L/E then rebuild your kexts caches using the Terminal command: sudo kextcache-i /

...and reboot.

In EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other I’ve got only Lilu.kext and VirtualSMC.kext. The command “sudo kextcache-i” doesn’t work, it just says command not found

I

In EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other I’ve got only Lilu.kext and VirtualSMC.kext. The command “sudo kextcache-i” doesn’t work, it just says command not found
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Okay ...

...and reboot.

Okay I managed to rebuild the kexts cache (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/rebuilding-kernel-cache-in-catalina.285643/) and I still have the same problem. Just reboots with the same error

I

My apologies. I made a typo and missed a space between the last "e" and the "-" from that command. It should have been : sudo kextcache -i /

... as @Feartech pointed out :thumbup:

On it's own, MultiBeast does not stop a system from booting, quite the contrary. It makes the destiation drive bootable. Something else is going on here.

Sorry to read nothing I'm suggesting is helping.

Last edited:
M
My apologies. I made a typo and missed a space between the last "e" and the "-" from that command. It should have been : sudo kextcache -i /

On it's own, MultiBeast does not stop a system from booting, quite the contrary. It makes the destiation drive bootable. Something else is going on here.

No probs. I’m going to try a clean install then run multibeast to see it that works. As you said before it’s possibly my time machine backup with drivers etc from my old setup that could be affecting this.

Right so I did a clean install then ran this Multibeast config. After I try boot from my SSD I just get a blank screen (doesn’t show bootloader) the system seems to be on as the caps lock lights still work but I’ve got no display output (I’m using VGA)

Attachments

• FAB27DCE-58B4-478B-A196-9A8A3D1469E3.jpeg
    FAB27DCE-58B4-478B-A196-9A8A3D1469E3.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back