Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock H270M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi, I'm trying to compile DSDT.dsl for my ThinkPad P72 in order to resolve a battery status issue, which apparently according to this article is causing my installation to crash and not be able to boot.

However, I'm getting a very consistent error when compiling DSDT.dsl:

Syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAME

The line in particular is line 3 shown below (line 349 in my DSDT but I digress):

Code:
Name (SS3, One)
One
Name (SS4, One)
One

I have attached all the files inside of /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin, can someone try decompiling and recompiling DSDT.aml and see if you can get it to successfully work? Thanks!

Attachments

• origin.zip
    94 KB · Views: 103
Hi, I'm trying to compile DSDT.dsl for my ThinkPad P72 in order to resolve a battery status issue, which apparently according to this article is causing my installation to crash and not be able to boot.

However, I'm getting a very consistent error when compiling DSDT.dsl:

Syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAME

The line in particular is line 3 shown below (line 349 in my DSDT but I digress):

Code:
Name (SS3, One)
One
Name (SS4, One)
One

I have attached all the files inside of /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin, can someone try decompiling and recompiling DSDT.aml and see if you can get it to successfully work? Thanks!

Obvious fix: remove the lines that are just 'One'.

I have tried that - I end up with 28 errors and a whole bunch of warnings, like so:

You'll notice I use the B1B2 function taken from your post on patching battery status in the DSDT.

By the way, the reason I'm doing all of this is because I have this issue:

I read on this post that this problem can be fixed by patching the DSDT for battery status - could you please confirm that this is in fact the case? Thanks!

Never mind, commenting out was the correct solution. The reason that it didn't work for me was because my B1B2 method was inside one of the scopes - moving it out to the root of the DefinitionBlock worked for me.

However, now I'm getting an endless slew of this particular error:

Code:
ACPIBatteryManager: WARNING: fMaxCapacity > fDesignCapacity: adjusted fMaxCapacity from 9312, to 8000

Did I mess something up when patching the DSDT file? I'm pretty sure I followed your guide step by step - not sure why this error would occur :/

I have tried that - I end up with 28 errors and a whole bunch of warnings, like so:

View attachment 391715

You'll notice I use the B1B2 function taken from your post on patching battery status in the DSDT.

It seems the patches you applied to your DSDT are not appropriate for your DSDT.

It seems the patches you applied to your DSDT are not appropriate for your DSDT.

Do you say that because of the "ACPIBatteryManager" error I got above, or because of the errors / warnings that came up when I removed those two lines? After moving B1B2 to the root I fixed those errors (the warnings were still there), so now the main thing blocking me is the fMaxCapacity error.

Do you say that because of the "ACPIBatteryManager" error I got above, or because of the errors / warnings that came up when I removed those two lines?

The errors you showed are due to incorrect patches being applied.

After moving B1B2 to the root I fixed those errors (the warnings were still there), so now the main thing blocking me is the fMaxCapacity error.

You failed to attach any PR files or details regarding the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back