Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I have a Dell Venue 11 Pro with a plugin keyboard/trackpad cover that the tablet slots into. The keyboard and trackpad work fine in Windows and even in the Clover bootloader. In OS X 10.10 Yosemite, I can't get the trackpad to work (keyboard works fine).

In the IOReg for the system (attached to this post), the Synaptics trackpad is recognised and an IOHIDPointing service is allocated to it but neither pointing nor clicking works. I've tried with and without GenericUSBXHCI.kext with no difference.

Seemingly related, HID Manager doesn't respond to any elements (buttons or X/Y position) on the mouse.

I can provide the bus scan output from USB Prober as well if you think it will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Alexandre’s Mac Pro (1).zip
    324.6 KB · Views: 126
Hey guys,

I have a Dell Venue 11 Pro with a plugin keyboard/trackpad cover that the tablet slots into. The keyboard and trackpad work fine in Windows and even in the Clover bootloader. In OS X 10.10 Yosemite, I can't get the trackpad to work (keyboard works fine).

In the IOReg for the system (attached to this post), the Synaptics trackpad is recognised and an IOHIDPointing service is allocated to it but neither pointing nor clicking works. I've tried with and without GenericUSBXHCI.kext with no difference.

Seemingly related, HID Manager doesn't respond to any elements (buttons or X/Y position) on the mouse.

I can provide the bus scan output from USB Prober as well if you think it will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

The device does not appear to be a PS2 device (the keyboard is).

It appears to be a USB device. You would need to craft an appropriate USB kext that supports the device's protocol.

The device does not appear to be a PS2 device (the keyboard is).

It appears to be a USB device. You would need to craft an appropriate USB kext that supports the device's protocol.
Thanks for the quick reply RehabMan. The PS2 keyboard attached is actually for the volume buttons. I can disable VoodooPS2.kext and the keyboard still works which means it is indeed USB. I think it is the keyboard listed as "SB Microelectronics KB" under Synaptics T pad. HID Explorer and USB prober back up the fact that it is a USB keyboard. Any idea why the keyboard would work yet the trackpad wouldn't?

Thanks for the quick reply RehabMan. The PS2 keyboard attached is actually for the volume buttons. I can disable VoodooPS2.kext and the keyboard still works which means it is indeed USB. I think it is the keyboard listed as "SB Microelectronics KB" under Synaptics T pad. HID Explorer and USB prober back up the fact that it is a USB keyboard. Any idea why the keyboard would work yet the trackpad wouldn't?

Trackpad is completely different from a keyboard. One working shouldn't imply the other one will...

The USB part of the keyboard is the "STMicroelectronics KB V1.24@1" entry.

Hi RehabMan,

Wanted to bring this back up as it is very weird behaviour. I don't believe I need to write a driver for this HID device as it works fine as a mouse in the Clover bootloader.

When I run usbtrace on the machine, all USB devices give me some kind of feedback except the touchpad. Touching it, clicking it etc all give no output in usbtrace. This makes me think that the issue is on the USB level.

I've tried with both GenericUSBXHCI and DSDT patching to get native AppleUSBXHCI working but both have the same result: trackpad recognised but not working, with no output on usbtrace.

Hi RehabMan,

Wanted to bring this back up as it is very weird behaviour. I don't believe I need to write a driver for this HID device as it works fine as a mouse in the Clover bootloader.

Totally different scenario. Clover uses UEFI services. OS X kexts will talk directly to USB hardware.

When I run usbtrace on the machine, all USB devices give me some kind of feedback except the touchpad. Touching it, clicking it etc all give no output in usbtrace. This makes me think that the issue is on the USB level.

I've tried with both GenericUSBXHCI and DSDT patching to get native AppleUSBXHCI working but both have the same result: trackpad recognised but not working, with no output on usbtrace.

It could be that a driver is needed to initialize it.

Totally different scenario. Clover uses UEFI services. OS X kexts will talk directly to USB hardware.

It could be that a driver is needed to initialize it.

Same problem -- Anyone solve it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back