Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z490
CPU
i9-10900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I own a GTX980ti but the nvidia web drivers are way too unstable for me, Im constantly getting nvidia crashes that reboot the whole system.

So, Im planing to use an older but native compatible with OSX video card only for OSX and use the 980ti on Windows.

Is possible to have both GPU in the same computer but assign specifically one of them to OSX only?

I used a GTX980 Ti Kingpin that didn't like my second monitor. If I had the second monitor turned on the system would randomly seize up (with the second monitor off the card works perfectly.) I gave up using it and replaced it with a 1080Ti... much happier now.

I used a GTX980 Ti Kingpin that didn't like my second monitor. If I had the second monitor turned on the system would randomly seize up (with the second monitor off the card works perfectly.) I gave up using it and replaced it with a 1080Ti... much happier now.

Interesting, but for now, I can't afford anything beyond the 980ti, so my only option is to downgrade to something more stable, and since I don't want to get rid of my 980ti, Im looking for a dual GPU setup without the need to manually switch cards each time I want to switch OS.

Do you know if the 1080ti is more stable than the standard 1080 or there is no difference?

I only can speak for the 1080Ti that I have. Stable as a rock. Can see all boot screens and both Windows 10 and OS X Sierra. No known video issues. The iBooks clear window thing is gone, I use FCPX just fine. I don't watch videos on my mac so I've not tested iTunes movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back