CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
GTX MX150
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have Catalina installed on my SSD using Clover. I have been using it for 6 months now and had no problems.

Now, I am trying to switch to OpenCore. But, stuck at the screen as per the image attached.

I have attached my Config.plist. It contains list of all SSDTs, DSDTs and kexts being used.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You!

System: Asus Vivobook S15 S510UN BQ147T

Processor: i7 8550U

RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400MHz

Storage: 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD

Graphics: Nvidia MX150 2GB (Doesn't matter if it works or not)

Attachments

• config.plist
    39.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20200627_140337_1.jpg
    IMG_20200627_140337_1.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 78
I have Catalina installed on my SSD using Clover. I have been using it for 6 months now and had no problems.

Now, I am trying to switch to OpenCore. But, stuck at the screen as per the image attached.

I have attached my Config.plist. It contains list of all SSDTs, DSDTs and kexts being used.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You!

System: Asus Vivobook S15 S510UN BQ147T

Processor: i7 8550U

RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400MHz

Storage: 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD

Graphics: Nvidia MX150 2GB (Doesn't matter if it works or not)
you need to look into your kext order

lilu should be first, lilufriend should be removed

make sure your kexts are in clover/kexts/other

you need to look into your kext order

lilu should be first, lilufriend should be removed

make sure your kexts are in clover/kexts/other
Thanks for your reply!

I'll move lilu at the top and remove lilufriend.

BTW, that Config.plist is for OpenCore and all my kexts are in EFI/OC/kexts/.

Thanks for your reply!

I'll move lilu at the top and remove lilufriend.

BTW, that Config.plist is for OpenCore and all my kexts are in EFI/OC/kexts/.
yes, sorry, that is what i meant! :)

After a lot of tries changing kext settings, custom SSDT-EC patch and modifying config.plist, I am now able to boot into the system.

And now comes another problem. None of my kexts were/are actually being loaded.

Looking at verbose, I get to see "Daemon is not reachable - Operating in standalone mode. Any kext not contained in the boot kernel collection will not be loaded".

I have attached a picture of it below.

What is the cause of it? How should it be solved?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-28-19-07-58-188_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-06-28-19-07-58-188_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 87
are you using propertree by opening your config with ALT+O and any kexts you add or remove you use ALT+R or ALT+SHIFT+R this needs to be done on any changes you make to opencore

are you using propertree by opening your config with ALT+O and any kexts you add or remove you use ALT+R or ALT+SHIFT+R this needs to be done on any changes you make to opencore
Yeah! I am.

I was facing problems due to failed attempts at OpenCore boot. Hence, I decided to reinstall it on another drive, solve all problems there and then use the final EFI with currently working drive. I am able to go into the installer but I can't see any of my internal drives there. This might be due to the same error mentioned above. Also, if I try running the installer by booting into the working system from clover, I can select the drive I want but when booting into that installer on drive, I get stuck after an AppleLpssI2c time out error which later is followed by a kernel panic. That kext has problem in the usb installer too but gets past and hence, I don't think that it is the problem. According to me, the drives not loading is the problem for the panic.

Actually the drives are being detected. Sometimes in verbose, it says that it tried to recover those disks but couldn't. Also, at the installer, in terminal, when I run "diskutil list", I can see disk2, disk3, disk5. disk2 being the USB installer, and disk3, disk4 being the BaseSystem and something else. This means that disk0 and disk1 are being detected but not at all being initialised.

Trying to solve this now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back