Contribute
Register

Switching from NVIDIA 1050ti to AMD RX 580 for Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you mentioned, Is that so? Does you can use with full adobe accelerated graphics ? Many people told me that AMD wasn’t good for Adobe
This is a video I made showing the potential of this card. Towards the end of it, it clearly shows that in both playback and exporting the Radeon card is being used since I also color graded the 4K drone footage (still a noob at color grading by the way lol).

It was smooth, despite the fact that I was screen recording the whole process.
Hackintosh: Do AMD Radeon GPUs work for Premiere Pro Video Editing?

Man, really, I'm impressed. Premiere runs smooth! I didn't expected that this year!
Again, thank you for sharing your knowledge about the subject. I think AMD just found a new customer ahahah

Man, really, I'm impressed. Premiere runs smooth! I didn't expected that this year!
Again, thank you for sharing your knowledge about the subject. I think AMD just found a new customer ahahah
To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised as well. After asking my husband to return the 1050 ti and get me an RX580 he asked me like a million times "are you sure this one will work in Premiere?" And I was like "umm, don't worry about it, just get it". :lol:

And I'm glad I did. For almost the same price, I got double the speed, and it was an easy installation (minus the HDMI cable that I had to replace).

To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised as well. After asking my husband to return the 1050 ti and get me an RX580 he asked me like a million times "are you sure this one will work in Premiere?" And I was like "umm, don't worry about it, just get it". :lol:

And I'm glad I did. For almost the same price, I got double the speed, and it was an easy installation (minus the HDMI cable that I had to replace).
NICE!! I wish my country had a cheaper policy about technology. Actually RX 580 is almost the double of the price, but as you said, the double of the speed.

Do you use after effects as well? You saw any performance improvement on other adobe products ?

There was, also, a really annoying problem with nvidia

Sorry, I’m on cellphone, continuing:

Nvidia web driver had a annoying issue with safari tabs. They kinda hang when you close one of them slowing down the animation. But when I disable accelerated canvas graphics comes back to normal behavior. But what is really annoying is that disabling this feature would make some sites unbearable to use, like anime,js and even adobe animate site, since they use this technology. Did you had this problem with safari using RX?. Sorry for being a bit of a “asker”

I have problem to use Final Cut Pro X, if thats you main editing software,
because you have to do something about iGPU.
I have Sapphire RX580 8gb.

Sorry, I’m on cellphone, continuing:

Nvidia web driver had a annoying issue with safari tabs. They kinda hang when you close one of them slowing down the animation. But when I disable accelerated canvas graphics comes back to normal behavior. But what is really annoying is that disabling this feature would make some sites unbearable to use, like anime,js and even adobe animate site, since they use this technology. Did you had this problem with safari using RX?. Sorry for being a bit of a “asker”
No I don’t use After Effects, but everything seems to be working smooth and fast.

I didn’t have this issue with Safari tabs, not with the RX580, and not with the Nvidia before either (when on High Sierra, in Mojave there’s no acceleration for my Nvidia). Safari is actually the fastest browser on my computer right now, like really snappy, and I tried Firefox and Chrome as well.

No worries, I am happy to help, and I am typing this from my phone too.

I have problem to use Final Cut Pro X, if thats you main editing software,
because you have to do something about iGPU.
I have Sapphire RX580 8gb.
I am not using Final Cut Pro, so I'm not sure what that entails in making the dedicated GPU work. Your iGPU is not working in Mojave? It should be supported I think?

Just for reference, I have both my Intel HD630 IGPU and the RX580 working side by side, together, without issues.

I am not using Final Cut Pro, so I'm not sure what that entails in making the dedicated GPU work. Your iGPU is not working in Mojave? It should be supported I think?

Just for reference, I have both my Intel HD630 IGPU and the RX580 working side by side, together, without issues.
It depends on the processor HD graphics.

Some older iGPU graphics has been dropped on Mojave release, since they don't have full support to Metal 2

@remix0120 if your processor is 7700K it should be supported, as this post says https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-able-to-run-macos-mojave-10-14-metal.254980/

You can use iGPU following the guide on mojave post installation that or this post may help you:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...630-graphics-support-in-macos-10-13-6.256426/

It depends on the processor HD graphics.

Some older iGPU graphics has been dropped on Mojave release, since they don't have full support to Metal 2

@remix0120 if your processor is 7700K it should be supported, as this post says https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-able-to-run-macos-mojave-10-14-metal.254980/

You can use iGPU following the guide on mojave post installation that or this post may help you:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...630-graphics-support-in-macos-10-13-6.256426/

No, I have i5-4570 and i believe its HD4600 igpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back