Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello fellow Hackintoshers
I have clover with macOS Catalina. I would like to try out macOS Big Sur. I googled some guides but I did not find a guide to upgrade from macOS Catalina to Big Sur in clover. The only guides I found was to fresh install and I would not like to ruin my existing installation so I would like to switch to opencore from clover to install.
Any help is appreciated. I do not have a dual boot system I have only macOS

You can try experiment to configure Opencore to a USB installer as a post install from those guides, and boot from usb to your catalina hd. that's I did first time when I tried

It’s better to follow the guide and build your entirely new OpenCore bootloader. I use the same kexts and serials only.

Thanks for your replies. But I am new to this whole opencore thing. I am familiar with clover a lot. I only heard of opencore when I googled to install Big Sur a month ago.

then try the opencore site the guide there is too good to be true, very easy to follow.

Thanks jay6022 for your comment! I checked on the dortiana site and I made a opencore usb!! Now I can boot from that! There is still a few issues like graphics acceleration but that's it! Thanks again!

sure no problem, open core is the future lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back