Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi, Ive just switched from Mac Mini to iMac, and now the machine freezes on startup, and the screen looks weird. Used multibeast to do the switch.
I think if ive managed to set it to be a mac mini again, it will work. But is that possible?

Everything has worked perfect untill I switched to imac.

i5 2500k
Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev 1.3
8gb memory
240 gb SSD
unibeast
multibeast

using dvi adapter for monitor.

have tried all the different boot alternatives.

error message:
"no nvidia graphics adapters found"

i use the "onboard" intel graphics..

have you tried using your unibeast usb to boot? or the rBoot rescue disk to boot?

If those dont work, have you tried booting into single user mode? (-s) If you can boot to a console in single user mode you should be able to navigate to your smbios or boot.plist (cd) and edit them with nano to change your system definition back to what it was.

Thanks ChiefWizard.
I am trying unibeat and rboot now.

-The machine freezes when it tries to show the login page.

But how do I do this: navigate to your smbios or boot.plist (cd) and edit them with nano to change your system definition back to what it was.

I get command line, so i can write stuff. But what to write?

When you see : 'root#'
type: "mount -uw /" without the quotations and hit enter
then type: "cd /Extras" again without quotations and hit enter
then type: "nano smbios.plist" no quotes and hit enter ( replace smbios.plist with whatever the file you wish to edit is called and it will open it in a text editor as long as that file is in your Extras folder. IT IS CASE SENSITIVE).

then edit what you wish, save with ctrl-x I believe, then exit and reboot.

tutorial here: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.ca/2012/01/hackintosh-basics-kernel-panics-boot.html

Its the same basic commands you would use in a linux console.

Thanks again! I can now see the smbios files, and the settings.
But in the video, he writes nano org.chameleon.Boot.plist, and the texteditor shows up. I get: command not found.

And: it doesnt say " root# ", but " -sh3.2# " ?

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back