Contribute
Register

Switched from iMacPro1,1 to iMac19,1 with terrible results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
I was happily running with iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. I never sleep, just turn off the screen. Never even tested sleeping.

I had to change to iMac19,1 to use sidecar. Worked fine.

Two problems since this change.

One, it now takes several attempts to boot before I am successful. It will show the apple logo, but not progress bar, and I just hit reset a few times and it boots normally. I then had an uptime of 10 days.

Was using iMac19,1 for about two weeks and today I start getting the problem of black screen when wake from sleep. What is weird is that I have not changed anything for two weeks.

I have sleep disabled, but this is just a problem of coming back from the screen blanking. if I force the screen to sleep with a hot corner, it does not occur. It happens when the screen turns off on its own.

I can SSH in, and SMB is working, but I can not share the screen.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• debug_1856.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
What is your cpu/mobo/video card combo?

Edit: I didn't see your profile on my mobile. Did you try patching the framebuffers? If the ASRock Z390N is related to the Z390M, then you might be able to simply use one of CaseySJ's patches at the bottom of his guide.

Last edited:
Yes, I made a typo. It is ASRock Z390M-itx/ac.

Thanks for the tip about framebuffer. I have inserted that pciroot.

I don't exactly know how to reproduce the problem before as I found this morning it would wake normally from blank screen.

Any suggestions to test framebuffer?

Attached is the config.plist with modifications.

Attachments

• debug_13382.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 57
Ok, didn't have to wait long. It did the same thing. It was idle and then screen went black and cannot be be revived.

Could you have a look at my config.plist and see if it is right?

I tried making some changes, but the same result. Attached is the updated config.

Attachments

• debug_6405.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back