i5-7500
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I own a computer on which MacOS Sierra + Clover works flawlessly. I can't install anything above 10.12, I think. Specifications:
Motherboard: Asrock M61 VG-4 (UEFI with GUI support, ACPI: 1.1 SMBIOS: 2.3.1.)
Processor: Celeron 1620
LAN: Realtek8111E
Video: GPU: NVIDIA GT 730 Keppler architecture
WiFi: TL-881 ND
Audio: ALC662
Bootloader: CLOVER
All work without error.
But I want to switch to OpenCore. I have Opencore 0.5.9. Debug, completed according to Vanilla instructions for IvyBrigde, but does not work. I don't know what to do: if the config.plist from Clover works, can I adapt the options there?
I'm sending the two EFI folders, the one with CLOVER (which works: efi.clover.sierra.12mai.zip) and the one with OpenCore (which doesn't work: Efi.sierra.OC.11June.zip). If possible, please help me.

Attachments

• Efi.sierra.OC.11iunie.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 181
  • efi.clover.sierra.12mai.zip
    23.6 MB · Views: 239
How did you build the OC config.plist? What are you using for your plist editor?

Processor: Celeron 1620
Why are you still using a Celeron 1620 that old in the year 2020 ?
You could buy an i3-3225 on Ebay for 7 dollars. It has HD4000 graphics which are supported through Catalina. I would upgrade the CPU first then try OC or even use Clover if that makes things easier for you.

1. "How did you build the OC config.plist? What are you using for your plist editor?"
For editing the config.plist I used ProperTree master and for Mounting the EFI partition, I used Xcode or EfiMount.command.
2. "Why am using a old Celeron?"
I use an old Celeron G1620 because it worked and works very well with Sierra / Clover. And I don't know if the Asrock H-61 M VG-4 motherboard would support something that would allow Catalina to be installed. But if you say an i-3 3225 would work, I'll think seriously about it. But I still believe in the possibility of making this Celeron work with Sierra as well. But I don't know what's not working yet.

And I don't know if the Asrock H-61 M VG-4 motherboard would support something that would allow Catalina to be installed. But if you say an i-3 3225 would work,
ASRock says it will work.

Screen_Shot_9.jpg

...So I would have hope. Thank you!

I got an i3-3225 processor that works well. I managed to install Mojave & Clover_5119 and I have all the functionalities. But I encounter a big problem: The system only boots from the stick. The most curious thing is that by applying "diskutil info disk0" and disk0s1, respectively, I get answers from which I no longer understand anything. Please help me with an indication, with which I could solve the situation.

Attachments

• disk0.png
    disk0.png
    82 KB · Views: 86
  • disk0s1.png
    disk0s1.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 86
  • DUlist.png
    DUlist.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 96
Why not disconnect the disk with Windows and Linux installed (disk1) and just work on making the Mojave drive bootable without the USB ? You'll also need to read up on how to do a proper multiboot setup. @Going Bald has posting a lot of info on how to do that. https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153/

Last edited:
Linux is the basic system for me. When I installed Mojave, it had the SATA cable removed. The disk for Ubuntu is MBR, because initially I did not intend to install macOS. So, for macOS, I bought a new SSD. Although Ubuntu had been disconnected, Mojave refused to start without a stick. I don't even intend to run on dual boot yet. I just want Mojave to start on its own, without a stick. I can't understand why uefi ignored him. And what could I do? Do I feel it could be a bios issue? I tried to work on Clover efi shell. But I can't enter "colon" on the keyboard, or other signs, because the shift key is dead. I would still have efibootmgr available from linux, but linux is installed on mbr, not on gpt and I don't know if it would work. I would not like to reinstall linux on GPT later, because there would be a lot of data to recover first. Maybe with time. My hope is, on the one hand, that it is impossible for me to be a unique case and, secondly, I rely on the knowledge and high skill of the moderators and other forum participants. Sincere!

Linux is the basic system for me. When I installed Mojave, it had the SATA cable removed. The disk for Ubuntu is MBR, because initially I did not intend to install macOS. So, for macOS, I bought a new SSD. Although Ubuntu had been disconnected, Mojave refused to start without a stick. I don't even intend to run on dual boot yet. I just want Mojave to start on its own, without a stick. I can't understand why uefi ignored him. And what could I do? Do I feel it could be a bios issue? I tried to work on Clover efi shell. But I can't enter "colon" on the keyboard, or other signs, because the shift key is dead. I would still have efibootmgr available from linux, but linux is installed on mbr, not on gpt and I don't know if it would work. I would not like to reinstall linux on GPT later, because there would be a lot of data to recover first. Maybe with time. My hope is, on the one hand, that it is impossible for me to be a unique case and, secondly, I rely on the knowledge and high skill of the moderators and other forum participants. Sincere!
On this generation of hardware I would not install Clover in UEFI mode - I would install it Legacy mode, especially since you have installed Linux and Windows in Legacy mode on MBR.
Your best bet is to erase the Mac OS drive, reinstall Mac OS, then install Clover in Legacy mode. You can then set the Mac OS drive as first in BBS boot order in the BIOS and choose from Linux, Windows or Mac OS at the Clover OS pick screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back