Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I made the mistake of installing Yosemite on my new Samsung EVO SSD before I transferred my Windows 8.1 over from my old SSD, at first I thought I could just install Windows then reinstall Chimera to fix the bootloader but then I realized I am running a GPT not MBR...

So my question is, will I run into issues if I switch to MBR then restore my time machine backup? Obviously I would wipe the whole drive, switch to MBR then install Windows 8.1 and finally reinstall OS X Yosemite.

Specs:
GA-Z77-ds3h
i5 3570k

So I made the mistake of installing Yosemite on my new Samsung EVO SSD before I transferred my Windows 8.1 over from my old SSD, at first I thought I could just install Windows then reinstall Chimera to fix the bootloader but then I realized I am running a GPT not MBR...

So my question is, will I run into issues if I switch to MBR then restore my time machine backup? Obviously I would wipe the whole drive, switch to MBR then install Windows 8.1 and finally reinstall OS X Yosemite.

Specs:
GA-Z77-ds3h
i5 3570k

Assuming you're not using Clover UEFI...

Don't switch to MBR. Just use an MBR/GPT hybrid (same as what BootCamp uses).

Either way Ill need to wipe my drive and reinstall, right?

Im actually thinking about just using Parallels 10 lol cleaner

I understand that, instant gratification my friend lol. Parallels is actually working alright for me I just need to figure out how I want to store/share my media across OS'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back