Graphics
HD 4000. 1366x768
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi:

Mavericks on a 4540s.

Before I start some heavy editing of the keymap, has anyone a good map for the Swedish keyboard? I have a few issues with some key combinations, such as the @ key, cut 'n' paste with keystrokes etc.

Hi:

Mavericks on a 4540s.

Before I start some heavy editing of the keymap, has anyone a good map for the Swedish keyboard? I have a few issues with some key combinations, such as the @ key, cut 'n' paste with keystrokes etc.

Try the one built-in (SysPrefs->Keyboard->Input Sources).

Otherwise, use Ukelele to create your own.

Thanks for the input, Rehabman. For all normal purposes, these two alternatives work very well, of course, but I was looking for something else.

I'm slowly getting used to the positions of the Cmd, Apple and Options keys but that's not all. On my Swedish keyboard the key to the left of Z (between Z and Shift) contains <, > and |, but produces §, ° and ¶. More importantly, the key two to the right of P shows an umlaut, ¨, a circumflex, ^. and that funny symbol used in Spanish whose name I forget, ~. Since I write a lot of pinyin for my chinese studies, I changed circumflex to ˘, and ~ to ¯ when my 4540s was a Ubuntu box and I'd like to do that again now it's a Mac box.

However, I realise now that this is outside the scope of the Tonymacx86 forum, and I should be asking the question somewhere else.

Sorry I misplaced my inquiry.

This Clover method of turning a PC into a Mac is fantastic. Thank you again.

Hej Deltagande!

I have mapped my Swedish keyboard keys (HP 4330s) using Karabiner. Its a key remap program and works nicely. Its also extremely powerful for mapping all sorts of different devices.

https://pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/

All you need to do is insall the app and then download my private.xml file (attached to this post). Go to Karabiner and open 'preferences', 'Misc & Uninstall' tab then click the 'Open private.xml' button. Replace it with my xml.

Once the xml is moved, go back to Karabiner and 'Change key' tab. There is a button 'Reload xml' and you should then see a bunch of options in the window. I added a bunch of commands that mimmick windows usage (i.e. use ctrl as well as cmd) and for program specific stuff. Just check the ones you want to use.

You can always go into the xml and see what is what and remove what you dont need.

I found it was much easier than Ukelele as I couldn't figure out how to remap some of the keys.

Lycka till!

View attachment private.xml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back