Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 780 Ti
One of my hackintosh builds is in a reboot loop, and I had to see if it's because of the CPU.

I swapped out the Intel i7 4770k CPU from the working hackintosh with the i7-4790K CPU from the reboot loop hackintosh.

I installed the 4790K properly and booted the system but it stuck after 25% of the loading bar with the Apple logo above it.

Does that mean that the 4790K is damaged or is this normal behavior, since I haven't optimized the 4770k system to accept the 4790K fully? I'm using the internal GPU and the BIOS is clearly recognizing the 4790K CPU along with it's correct base frequency of 4.0GHz.

It did cause an infinite loop on my "damaged" system, now that it at least isn't causing reboot loops on the "intact" system, it should follow that the CPU is not to blame for the reboot loops on the damaged system, correct?

One of my hackintosh builds is in a reboot loop and I had to see if it's because of the CPU.

I swapped out the Intel i7 4770k CPU from the working hackintosh with the i7 4790k CPU from the reboot loop hackintosh.

I installed the 4790k properly and booted the system but it stuck after 25% of the loading bar with the apple logo above it.

Does that mean that the 4790k is damaged or is this normal behavior, since I haven't optimized the 4770k system to accept the 4790k fully? I'm using the internal gpu and the BIOS is clearly recognizing the 4790k CPU along with it's correct base frequency of 4.0GHz.

It did cause an infinite loop on my "damaged" system, now that it at least isn't causing reboot loops on the "intact" system, it should follow that the CPU is not to blame for the reboot loops on the damaged system, correct?
boot verbose then take a pic to upload here

boot verbose then take a pic to upload here

I've already removed the 4790k and inserted the 4770k back in.

Should the 4790k have worked instantaneously or is it normal to alter some bootloader settings to make it work?

As far as I know, the 4790k and 4770k are very similar, so only swapping the CPUs shouldn't lead to any booting hiccups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back