1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Portable
  2. Power Mac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
I had a 10.8 system fully running on a seperate drive on a GIGAbyte Z77X-UP5TH MB with a Nvidia GTX560 video card. I came across a deal to swap the card out for a GTX 680 (kinda no brainer). Since I use windows 7 on this machince as a gaming rig i thought i might be able to swap out with little or no issues. OSX appears to load, but of course I now have the wrong video card drivers loaded. Is there a way to get back into my OSX setup without having to reload from scratch. I have been doing a search, but haven't come across a definitive answer yet. Since this site has some of the best guides I have used i thought I might get some assistance here.

u will need to change GraphicsEnabler=YES to NO for the new GFX card

It was already setup with the GraphicsEnabler=NO when I had the other card in the system. So it changed becuase I swapped out the vid card?? That doesn't sound logical or right....

GE=NO is right

Ok... Maybe i'm not giving you all of the info. I get the Mac logo and thge loading spinner and then it finishes to a gray screen and all drive ativity stops. How do I get into the system to enable the GraphicsEnabler=NO to see if that will allow the system to finish the boot. I would rather not have to start over from the start once again if I don't have to. What I was saying is that the GTX560 booted without issues and I already had GraphicsEnabler=NO set.

let me explain the differances chimera uses these default flags for gfx GE=NO npci=0x2000 PCIRoot=1 where the main chamelon branch uses PCIRoot=0 GE=no by default so if root=1 isnt working then use root=0 does this help u at all?

Thanks!!

After booting with those entries on the boot line I was able to get back into the system...

Its been a while since I had used the boot loader functions and was having a senior moment. my two braincells are fighting over who gets control...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back