Contribute
Register

Сustomization FaceTime, iMessage, Handoff....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z270H Gaming X
CPU
i5-7500
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hello people! I ask for help setting up my hackintosh. How do I get FaceTime, iMessage, and iCloud functions on hackintosh?
I want to use the Handoff function, but I can't ask for help.

My hardware:
Asus Z270H Gaming X
i5-7500
16GB DDR4
WiFi / Bluetooth adapter from a real iMac
Catalina OS version 10.15.2

With FaceTime, iMessage, and iCloud, as long as your Clover config is set up correctly, those things will work. Go into clover configurator and make sure you have a unique serial number. With handoff, you just need a compatible wifi/bluetooth card. You can use a genuine apple one, or a Fenvi t919 card.

With FaceTime, iMessage, and iCloud, as long as your Clover config is set up correctly, those things will work. Go into clover configurator and make sure you have a unique serial number. With handoff, you just need a compatible wifi/bluetooth card. You can use a genuine apple one, or a Fenvi t919 card.

the card is correct, the phone and hackintosh are connected to 1 network, but the handoff function does not work, you need to configure clover for this function?

Use the search tool and look up “idiots guide to iMessage”.

I just did a fresh install of Catalina. Took a while :) but I have everything working well.I think....

Got a Fenvi T919 WIFI card that was listed as being compatible and it worked out of the box with Imessage and the rest.
I was able to send Imessages and non Imessages directly from the desktop. Now after rebooting I can only send Imessages. If I attempt to send a regular text it fails.
It started off after a reboot it gave me the screen with the Icloud sign in saying it was a problem and had to log in. Did it. Everything started to work except the regular text messages.

I have attempted to sign off Icloud sign back in and clear all the cache files from the Library as per the numerous guides floating around.Logged in online and made sure the desktop matches the serial number and shows active and signed in

Not sure what I am missing if anyone has any more ideas that can give me.

Shall I start from scratch, generate new board id and the whole thing?I wouldn't want to re-install the whole os

I don't think its necessary to install again, just carefully check all your injected values are in the correct format and the ROM and Board Serial Numbers are exactly the same if not, this is one of the things that will inhibit iMsg/F-Time operating properly.

The serial number appears to be ok and consistent across the board. The only thing that I'm not sure of is the way that everymac shows the info (see below) . Doesn't appear to recognize it fully as it doesn't show the specs Not sure if it's relevant. What drives me nuts is that I had working :banghead:. Now Imessage Airdrop and Continuity appear to be working but not the SMS. Scratching my head ....

Attachments

• Firefox_Screenshot_2020-01-27T19-18-22.830Z.png
    Firefox_Screenshot_2020-01-27T19-18-22.830Z.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 207
I don't think that is so critical as long as your components match as close as possible to a Mac Model, the level of your specs could be a iMac 19.1 or Pro 1.1 - Go into iCloud and remove any unwanted Devices (If Any) also on the Hack launch iMessages -> Preferences and Click on the box 'Sync Now'. Another thing if you're using Clover Configurator, launch your EFI Partition and insure this Box is tick (as in the example) save the changes, Repair Permissions and reboot. Good luck.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-27 at 19.41.42.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-27 at 19.41.42.png
    164.3 KB · Views: 351
Thank you for all your advice, really appreciate it :).
Kinda ran out of options here, I am positive is a little thing that either got corrupted (somehow) or it is simple one of those weird Apple quirks.

I have tried everything you have suggested. Removed my Mac from the Icloud signed off on all devices, CCG shows all things good yet all my attempts to text(SMS) someone from the Imac failed. Yet everything else works just fine. At the end I guess I could live without it, it became more of an annoyance and it's bruising my ego that I cannot get to the bottom of it :lol:.

The only thing that I changed before starting all this is the SIP value. Used to be on 0x3 which I believe is partially disabled and I changed it to 0x67 which is fully disabled. Wondering if that has anything to do with it. Will try to put it back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back