Contribute
Register

AppleHDA Surround Sound [Guide]

Rules: Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
Optical: Realtek ALC AppleHDA/Post #1
HDMI: HDMI Audio AppleHDA/Post #1

I updated my profile to include my current hackintosh specs and motherboard. Those links are helpful but I was hoping to be able to use both sources as audio simultaneously. Is that possible?

Does anyone know if there is a way to get 5.1 working over optical in a Kaby Lake system? I have audio up and running well under id=11, but can't get 5.1 output. I've also tried pulling everything out and then re-adding in multibeast, but no luck. Thanks!

I can't enable 5.1 for my optical output. I've tried all Audio ID's but no luck. On ID 1- 3 i get sound over the optical output but only in Stereo over 2 Speakers. I installed a clean High Sierra, enabled HDAS to HDEF and then run audio_cloverALC-130.sh. Also it shows in the system summary and the audio setup only 2 channels.

Anyone else with this problem or a solution?

Last edited:
Do I need to set up 5.1 in order to use a Sub with Stereo speakers?
I can get the aggregate device to play sound through the Sub but it does not appear to get signal when playing stereo, say with iTunes or Vinyl Studio. The speakers are plugged in to the Green, Line Out port, called "Internal Speakers" and the Sub is plugged in to the C/Sub connector (Orange?)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 11.19.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 11.19.00 AM.png
    460.2 KB · Views: 182
Back