Contribute
Register

AppleHDA Surround Sound [Guide]

Audio - Surround Sound Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Maybe I didn't explain myself properly, what I mean is, I get stereo sound via digital optical output to my 5.1 receiver using the ALC887 kext in Multibeast, but when I play a movie with 5.1, my receiver only receives front right and left (stereo). I've even tried setting up a new Aggregate Audio Device with 5.1, but that too only gives output to the front right and left channels.

In Multibeast I do not have the 'Optional HDAEnabler' list (?) for the 'Audio ID: 1' (or 2) kext as you describe (and as seen in the screenshots you've posted:

Screen Shot 2014-12-04 at 14.07.39.png

What have I missed?

The player I've got is Aiseesoft Mac Blu-ray Player because my Hackintosh has a Blu-ray disc drive which I use to play Blu-ray and DVD's on. My receiver is a Denon AVR-1705 connected via an optical cable.

Even when I tried to set up an Aggregate 5.1 sound device through the 'Audio Midi Setup', the only sound I could get was from the left and right front speakers (you know, when you test the channels):

Screen Shot 2014-12-04 at 16.42.33.png

For example, when I play a Blu-ray disc and have the audio setting in Mac Blu-ray Player set to 5.1 or SPDIF, I only get front left and right, no centre or anything else, and my Denon receiver only recognises the audio as stereo.

Have I wasted some money on the Aiseesoft licence? I think I might have done! o_O

Have I wasted some money on the Aiseesoft licence?
Do you see Aiseesoft listed in Post#1, Recommendations, 2. Optical 5.1? Your player extracts stereo.
Search makemkv. Use one of the players noted in Post #1.

I've been using my hackintosh build for years with Plex + 5.1 receiver via optical out. Ever since I updated to 10.10.1 Dolby & DTS produce choppy sound or white noise. Stereo sound is fine from all outputs.

I've tried AudioMidiSetup>DigitalOut:48kHz and installed MultiBeast 7.1.1 with ALC889+AudioID:1. No luck.

Any ideas? Thanks...

PS: I never got clover to work (no uefi), so I am still using chimera.
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD5 - ALC889 - GTX650Ti

I'm using plex home theater 1.2.3

updated to 10.10.1 Dolby & DTS produce choppy sound or white noise
What version of Plex?

After you asked, I checked an old installation of 0.9.5.4 --> Dolby & DTS work here!

My settings under audio output (plex home theater):
Audio output: Optical/Coax
Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver: checked
DTS capable receiver: checked
(if I uncheck any of the above I get normal stereo sound)
Multichannel LPCM capable receiver: greyed out
Boost volume level on downmix: checked (makes no difference)
Audio output channels: 5.1 (tried 2.0 - no difference)
Audio output device: Built-in Digital
Passthrough output device: Default (switches back to default after restart)

In Advanced Video Playback I use sync playback to display with Video clock (resample audio), but disabling won't help.

Hello toleda.

I have a GA-H61N-USB3 http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3963#ov

Is there ANY way i can enable 5.1 surround stereo with this board?

Would you be able to reassign the audio jacks in the back to be all outputs?
(My case has a front headphone output and an input microphone also)

to have this type of setting a possibility?

Screen Shot 2015-02-05 at 10.33.28 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-02-05 at 10.31.26 PM.png

Or, should/could I just somehow turn the coaxial or digital into the 3 surround outputs? is that possible, and is the coaxial even a working output with hackintosh?

Thank You so much.

Back