3. Classic
  4. Color Classic
  5. iMac
  6. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
So I have a SurfaceBook 1 and a Surfacebook 2 and For Years They Were Running Mac OS Fine El Capitan To Mojave But I Stopped Using Them For A While And When I Went To Try To Use My SurfaceBook 1 I realized the SSD was “Dead” I Can’t Boot Windows or Mac using The Internal SSD but Clover Still Runs Fine When It Turns On Which Is Wierd but it lets me boot anything external So As Long As I Have A USB HardDrive it Works However under older versions of Mac I can’t see let alone Mount The EFI as the SSD is dead but On newer versions I can see it But I can’t Mount it but in neither version can I access what was on my Mac side only windows So I Was Able to recover a few files although I couldn’t transfer very large files it would just crash the system out also I don’t have Sound so I know the SSD is dead fearing that eventually I won’t even be able to boot the way it is I made a bunch of backups and all is well but the problem is when I went to switch over to my SurfaceBook 2 it did a windows update and updated the BIOS added some settings there were of use no me and ever since then I have noticed that I have not been able to boot Mac OS whether external or with a flash drive at the time it wasn’t installed on the internal drive because I had been fighting to get EL Capitan To run on the internal drive but I think it’s not working because the intel processor is using usb 3.1 and El Capitan doesn’t support it because it installs fine and and everything but when I go to boot it says “it can’t find it” it’s been a while but essentially along those lines it can’t fine where to boot Mac OS X El Capitan but I’ve been trying desperately to get it working I can’t see what files where on my SurfaceBook 1 efi as I know I’d be able to get it going and I can only access efi on SurfaceBook 2 using windows so I can’t update clover only change a few files my version is v4998 or something like that it’s not 5k because I remember in the past one of the versions gave my trouble so I have stay there please help I’ve been out the game for a while so I’m not as versed as I used to be so I don’t know if it be able to do anything super technical as I don’t have clover configuration only text edit in windows

To Clarify El Capitan Did Run On SurfaceBook 2 But Only Externally It Would Install To Internal But it Wouldnt Boot And I Couldn’t Figure It Out Also I Needed To Use 506E3 Fake CPUID to get it boot but graphics and such worked also

Although Sierra would boot off the internal drive on SurfaceBook 2 I needed to use 506E3 fake Id also but one issue with that is that I couldn’t play video games they would just load black and if I tried to play call of duty it would stall the system and I’d have to restart

I did not use clover on my hard drives SSD because without the efi I can use the same hard drive interchangle through all my laptops not just my SurfaceBooks but with it during boot it sorta “grabs” the efi off external first so I figured out during testing that if something is wrong I have to unplug it so it doesn’t try to use those options so I don’t have a clover efi to copy from on hard drives and my installers still don’t boot everything boots fine on safacebook 1 so I know it’s not my installs and they are all fresh and in the past I could switch back and forth using the hard drives so I couldn’t see why it would matter now

To Clarify El Capitan Did Run On SurfaceBook 2 But Only Externally It Would Install To Internal But it Wouldnt Boot And I Couldn’t Figure It Out Also I Needed To Use 506E3 Fake CPUID to get it boot but graphics and such worked also

Although Sierra would boot off the internal drive on SurfaceBook 2 I needed to use 506E3 fake Id also but one issue with that is that I couldn’t play video games they would just load black and if I tried to play call of duty it would stall the system and I’d have to restart

I did not use clover on my hard drives SSD because without the efi I can use the same hard drive interchangle through all my laptops not just my SurfaceBooks but with it during boot it sorta “grabs” the efi off external first so I figured out during testing that if something is wrong I have to unplug it so it doesn’t try to use those options so I don’t have a clover efi to copy from on hard drives and my installers still don’t boot everything boots fine on safacebook 1 so I know it’s not my installs and they are all fresh and in the past I could switch back and forth using the hard drives so I couldn’t see why it would matter now
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
just have your one system in there please

also zip and upload your EFI after

When I boot verbose on SurfaceBook it literally doesn’t display anything whether safe mode it just shows

Safe mode

Nothing

And when it normal boot when the loading bar would come up it seems to freeze no hard drive activity nothing

When I boot verbose on SurfaceBook it literally doesn’t display anything whether safe mode it just shows

Safe mode

Nothing

And when it normal boot when the loading bar would come up it seems to freeze no hard drive activity nothing
read my post above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back