Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Surface Pro 7 - OpenCore UEFI
CPU
i5-1035G4
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus Graphics G4
I managed to install Catalina 10.15.7 on my Surface Pro 7, with working graphics acceleration. But when setting the resolution to 1368x912 HiDPI (which is preferred), the screen starts flickering. Selecting any other non-HiDPI resolution does not have this issue. Also my mouse looks like a weird distorted square (see attachments).

Is there anyone that can help me?

Attachments

• OC.zip
    85.3 MB · Views: 104
  • mouse.jpeg
    mouse.jpeg
    221.3 KB · Views: 112
I managed to install Catalina 10.15.7 on my Surface Pro 7, with working graphics acceleration. But when setting the resolution to 1368x912 HiDPI (which is preferred), the screen starts flickering. Selecting any other non-HiDPI resolution does not have this issue. Also my mouse looks like a weird distorted square (see attachments).

Is there anyone that can help me?
try adding :
-igfxcdc -igfxdvmt
boot arguments

Attachments

• config.plist
    17.1 KB · Views: 69
also possible that you may need -cdfon boot argument
Still no difference with those boot arguments, but I got the weird mouse fixed with a framebuffer patch
Code:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>AABSig==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>
                <data>AAAAAw==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>
                <data>AACwAw==</data>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal@0,2,0</string>
                <key>AAPL00,override-no-connect</key>
               <data>AP///////wAw5FUFoQAAEAAaAQSlGhF4A+6Vo1RMmSYPUFQAAAABAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBP3+woKAgNHAwIDoABK0QAAAZAAAA/QAwPAAAIQQKFBQUFBQUAAAA/gBMR0RfTVAwLjJfCiAgAAAA/gBMUDEyM1dRMTEyNjA0AD8=</data>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>UooAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
                <data>AAAAgA==</data>
            </dict>

However the screen flickering with HiDPI remains (without no issue).

Still no difference with those boot arguments, but I got the weird mouse fixed with a framebuffer patch
Code:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>

<dict>

<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>

<data>AABSig==</data>

<key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>

<data>AAAAAw==</data>

<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>

<data>AACwAw==</data>

<key>AAPL,slot-name</key>

<string>Internal@0,2,0</string>

<key>AAPL00,override-no-connect</key>

<data>AP///////wAw5FUFoQAAEAAaAQSlGhF4A+6Vo1RMmSYPUFQAAAABAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBP3+woKAgNHAwIDoABK0QAAAZAAAA/QAwPAAAIQQKFBQUFBQUAAAA/gBMR0RfTVAwLjJfCiAgAAAA/gBMUDEyM1dRMTEyNjA0AD8=</data>

<key>device-id</key>

<data>UooAAA==</data>

<key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>

<data>AAAAgA==</data>

</dict>

However the screen flickering with HiDPI remains (without no issue).
weird mouse fix?

After changing the resolution to 2736 x 1824 (which is the default screen resolution of the surface pro 7), I found out that the screen also flickers. So I think the issue is not related to HiDPI. When using a lower resolution (such as 1368x912 without HiDPI of course) there is no flicker. Is there a way to get support for 2736x1824?

You can try making your notebook sleep before you login,screen maybe work well after waking up(Not work when I put USBPorts.kext or AirportItlwm.kext into EFI).
Or connect a FHD external monitor before booting.

@PacMan If I find a solution I will let you know, thank you

You can try making your notebook sleep before you login,screen maybe work well after waking up(Not work when I put USBPorts.kext or AirportItlwm.kext into EFI).
Or connect a FHD external monitor before booting.

I have tried making it sleep and then changing the resolution after waking up, but it made no difference.
@jarvay I see that you have an i5-1035G4 too, are you able to set the resolution to something as high as 2736x1824 without problems?

Also about sleep, it is not working well. I think it has to do something with the brightness. When I boot Catalina, at first the maximum brightness that I can set is not that high. Then when I put it to sleep, in the beginning it does not wake up, but if you wait like 5 minutes, and try to wake it up again, it wakes up normally with a higher brightness then what was possible before. Putting it to sleep after that makes it wake up immediately as it should and the brightness range remains higher. So the sleep/brightness stays good as long as I don't turn it off. But when I reboot I have this problem again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back