Contribute
Register

Surface Pro 4: Lid sleep/wake, power button and volume buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
thank you for this thread. I have a Surface Pro 4 running macOS 10.12.4. However I was not able to get the battery status shown correctly nor is there any sleep and recovery. Can you please share your clover.config and your kexts?

Hi,
I'm hoping for some help with regards to Sierra on the SP4.

Challenges:
Lid and power management
- When the lid is closed the laptop seems to sleep, however when the lid is opened the laptop doesn't wake you have to wake it with the spacebar
-If sleep is entered with the lid and woken with the spacebar the brightness is dim and can't be changed, the screen turns off after 10 seconds of not pressing the keyboard.

(Apple menu sleep works fine)

Volume/Power buttons
Using ACPIDebug I can see they call to q54, q55, q52 and q53 and they call to device vgbi but I'm not sure what to do from there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
**Updated with all required files.**

Massive thanks to rehabman and his tools which helped me resolve this.

In the end by using ACPIDebug I was able to find out what ec call wasn't sending the wakeup and patch it. For the volume and power keys I used his excelled acpi keyboard driver and patch the _q events to send keypresses to the acpi keyboard.

Thanks for your help!
Greetings, fellow hackintosher and Surface Pro 4 owner.

Great work, first of all. Congratulations.

Second of all...
The only thing left for me to have an almost-fully functional Hackintosh with my Surface Pro 4 (not including Wifi and BT) is for the power and volume buttons to work.

I have found @RehabMan 's repo for ACPIKeyboard.kext, but I am unsure on how to proceed from there.

I don't know exactly what or how to edit it, even after reading the usage part.

Is there anyway you can shed some light on this or perhaps share your fixed files so I can replace my non-fixed ones, please?

Best regards,
Bruno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back