Contribute
Register

Surface Pro 4: Lid sleep/wake, power button and volume buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. Wake doesn't wake via lid. If I've used the lid to enter sleep I have to wake with spacebar. afterwards brightness won't change and the screen keeps turning off.

Are you saying that if you sleep with Apple->Sleep, let it sleep, then close the lid... that wake then works via lid?
That is the failure to wake via lid only happens if you use the lid to trigger sleep?

Sorry, I know it's challenging sometimes when you can't see what's happening. Hopefully this is a better description:

Apple -> Sleep : Screen turns off, wait a few minutes and wake with spacebar - resumes from sleep, brightness slider works no apparent issues.
Lid -> Close : wait a few minutes, open lid. - keyboard lights up, but screen doesn't turn on. Pressing space turns on the display. Display is dim (maybe 30% brightness), the brightness slider doesn't work and screen turns off while the device is being used.

Seeing your advise in another thread on a similar issue I captured an IOReg when it's in that state (it's attached to the first post)

What about?
Apple -> Sleep : Screen turns off, wait a few minutes
Close lid (while laptop is sleeping, should have no effect)
Open lid

You mean opening the lid has no effect? Or the laptop doesn't wake properly (as you previously described).
Sorry... but details are important.

Be as picky as you want/need! I really appreciate your help! I'll try and be more detailed in my answers.

Opening the lid - keyboard backlight turns on, display does not wake.
After I press spacebar, display/system wakes, brightness adjustment works as expected and the screen stays on.

Confused...
Is that a different result than when you use the lid to initiate sleep?

Yes,
If lid is used to initiate sleep that's when the issue occurs.

But what if you initiate with Apple->Sleep, but wake with lid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back