Contribute
Register

Surface Laptop stuck on +++ on first boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive already tried the voodoops2 kext but no luck with that. I’m trying to get it to work with the voodooi2c and voodooi2chid kexts. I made some ‘progress’ with that since the keyboard backlight lights up when i press a key, it just doesnt do anything in MacOS. Graphica are fixed now though, if you need my updated efi, i can share it
ok

also update your hardware profile please

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Also, if you want to try with an usb hub, you should leave the device Identifier to iMac and not change it to macbook, since then it refuses to power usbs on the hub (at least, thats with that apple keyboard)

Ive already tried the voodoops2 kext but no luck with that. I’m trying to get it to work with the voodooi2c and voodooi2chid kexts. I made some ‘progress’ with that since the keyboard backlight lights up when i press a key, it just doesnt do anything in MacOS. Graphica are fixed now though, if you need my updated efi, i can share it
Nah i have graphics and stuff working--only issue is trackpad and keyboard. It does need modified voodooi2c apparently but i haven't found one that works yet and I haven't worked with it enough to be able to mod myself.

Nah i have graphics and stuff working--only issue is trackpad and keyboard. It does need modified voodooi2c apparently but i haven't found one that works yet and I haven't worked with it enough to be able to mod myself.
chances are pretty low that you’ll find one on the internet that works for this laptop, unless it is specifically this laptop (or maybe, just maybe, the surface laptop 2). So I suggest you read the guide. I’ve done it before on another laptop, and finally succeeded after some days of tinkering with it. So take your time, and you’ll get there (although surface line seems a lot harder to do)

Just a question, do you have audio working? If so, can you share the audio ID? Less work for me :)

Just a question, do you have audio working? If so, can you share the audio ID? Less work for me :)
I heard you could just use VoodooHDA so I threw that in. I haven't installed yet cuz I can't find a usb hub lol.

@BeastOnFire I installed and booted off the internal to finish install, but Clover isn't picking up my internal drive now.

@BeastOnFire I installed and booted off the internal to finish install, but Clover isn't picking up my internal drive now.
I’ve had that too, was just a driver that was missing m, hang on a sec, ill have a look

This is probably caused by the missing nvmeexpressdxe.efi driver. Also, i added the partitiondxe.efi driver

Okay, quick update. Apparently the voodooi2c worked, but i got the touchpad working now (with gestures)

Attachments

• A2CC07EC-3D0F-4CC0-8361-598F3904430C.jpeg
    A2CC07EC-3D0F-4CC0-8361-598F3904430C.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back