Contribute
Register

Surface Laptop stuck on +++ on first boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet—I’m like 90% sure it’s a graphics problem cuz I’ve had problems with 620 before...do let me know if you have luck cuz I’m stuck for now.
So I used some random efi folder from the internet and it got past the ++++. It still gets a kernel panic though, I'll see if I can boot, and figure out which thing helps to get past the +++++

Okay, got to the installer with fake gpu id, now I'm back at where I stranded earlier: the keyboard and trackpad don't work and with just one USB port, that sucks

Okay, got to the installer with fake gpu id, now I'm back at where I stranded earlier: the keyboard and trackpad don't work and with just one USB port, that sucks
Keyboard and trackpad can be fixed with Voodoo PS2–pls upload EFI folder

Keyboard and trackpad can be fixed with Voodoo PS2–pls upload EFI folder
You think so? AFAIK they work with i2c and thus require patching; Anyway, I'll give it a try, and here's the EFI folder. It has probably some unnecessary kexts and drivers, but hey, it boots (with fake gpu id of course).

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 252
You think so? AFAIK they work with i2c and thus require patching; Anyway, I'll give it a try, and here's the EFI folder. It has probably some unnecessary kexts and drivers, but hey, it boots (with fake gpu id of course).
So I forgot to edit the fake platform id in graphics section of clove to 0x12345678.You'll need that to boot

It’s installing now, but I needed an usb hub (here the keyboard) to get over the 1 usb problem

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 127
It’s installing now, but I needed an usb hub (here the keyboard) to get over the 1 usb problem
VoodooPS2Controller.kext may help with your keyboard

nvm just looked in efi

Ive already tried the voodoops2 kext but no luck with that. I’m trying to get it to work with the voodooi2c and voodooi2chid kexts. I made some ‘progress’ with that since the keyboard backlight lights up when i press a key, it just doesnt do anything in MacOS. Graphica are fixed now though, if you need my updated efi, i can share it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back