Contribute
Register

Surface Book 2 Mojave (mini) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i read that and did try to find out what exactly you've adjusted, on my surface book 2, without the voodooI2C kexts my trackpad and keyboard gets recognized but gestures are not available and with both kexts keyboard and trackpad won't work at all.

The question here would be, how will I get the correct processing codes for trackpad and keyboard to adjust voodooI2C? Do you mean vendor and HW IDs, out of the device manager under windows?
Yeah, i read that and did try to find out what exactly you've adjusted, on my surface book 2, without the voodooI2C kexts my trackpad and keyboard gets recognized but gestures are not available and with both kexts keyboard and trackpad won't work at all.

The question here would be, how will I get the correct processing codes for trackpad and keyboard to adjust voodooI2C? Do you mean vendor and HW IDs, out of the device manager under windows?
I first used alexandred's kext and found that the touchpad gestures are available, the keyboard can't work, so I can confirm that the alexandred voodooi2c driver can recognize the surface pro touchpad, because the keyboard is special, so we need to add code Let it recognize the keyboard. If the trackpad on surfacebook is not recognized correctly, then it is more than just adding suppliers and ids.

For some reason despite doing these instructions and rebuilding the kernel cache it still panics due to the kext that is supposed to be patched. Any ideas? Or, a copy of said kext (AppleIntel something, sorry, am on mobile). Currently I'm stuck without acceleration and I'm stumped.

For some reason despite doing these instructions and rebuilding the kernel cache it still panics due to the kext that is supposed to be patched. Any ideas? Or, a copy of said kext (AppleIntel something, sorry, am on mobile). Currently I'm stuck without acceleration and I'm stumped.
10.14.5 dose not work. try 10.14.4 it should work

I used the efi folder on floor#1
It works fine in mojave 10.14 with full acceleration.
But I need to use Xcode which means I have to upgrade to 10.14.4 or higher
I upgraded it to 10.14.6 in Settings and somehow completed the whole upgrade process
But a new problem occurred, it said “kextd
Stalled AppleACPICPU SRTC” or something like that,then holds for about 3-4 minutes,then the screen goes black yet powered on.
Somebody help me to solve this problem?
I just need the xcode to code.

Now I can boot and have accelerated graphics but audio is not working your audio patch doesn't work in 10.14.6

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.7 MB · Views: 1,558
Now I can boot and have accelerated graphics but audio is not working your audio patch doesn't work in 10.14.6
Try VoodooHDA you have to change the audio output manually from sound setting

Won't AppleHDA or AppleALC just work?
VoodooHDA is so inconvenient adjusting volume

Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

Hi thank for your EFI folder, it work fine but usb drive, ethernet usb dongle or any usb device don't work within mac os. Do you have the same problem and have you succeeded to fix it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back