Contribute
Register

Surface Book 2 Mojave (mini) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mrblackm124
I've not had time to look into the trackpad and probably won't have time for a while.
As @xuzhimin1993 says, I think voodooi2c needs modifications to make it work for surface book 2.

hi - first thanks for the guide! Did buy a surface book 2 and was successfully able to install 10.14.4.

Currently got 2 issues:
- Trackpad (Gestures), aware of the ongoing discussion
- Battery, shows 100% and replace all the time (screenshot attached)

First, after having no battery icon at all, I did add ACPIBatteryManager.kext, which lead to the icon but with the problem mentioned above. Afterwards I did try to add SSDT-BATC because of the 2 batteries, but still the same. Am I missing something or why does the battery status not work correctly?

Regarding my clover config, I did use the package attached at the first post and only adjusted the SMBIOS part.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-05-02 at 21.39.11.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-02 at 21.39.11.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 299
Battery patching can be pretty complicated.
The full guide is here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-patch-dsdt-for-working-battery-status.116102/

For SB2 you'll need to search this site for a thread where SSDT-BATC is created for a different laptop.

For SB2 somebody would need to probably code a unique SSDT-BATC.
It will not be straight-forward.

Both the trackpad gestures and battery will require somebody who has a good deal of knowledge and time to make it work.

Also thank you for confirming 10.14.4 works!

yeah already went through the guide and wasn't able to find any EmbeddedControl part within the DSDT and read that this means the kext should work out of the box (Rehabman).

Therefore we may only need to use SSDT-BATC and apply the DSDT changes re "Notify (BATC" -but in my case this ended in compile errors. will need to invest more time..

@sefki21 Ok. Would be great if we can get a working battery indicator!

Then you need to download the source code to modify voodooi2c, and then test it on your own machine.

is there any guide, post or at least a hint what exactly needs to be adjusted within the source code in xcode?

is there any guide, post or at least a hint what exactly needs to be adjusted within the source code in xcode?
I said that I modified the surface pro method, you can refer to, in the surface pro, use the original voodooi2c, the touchpad is available, the keyboard is not available, so I added the keyboard processing code in voodooi2cHID, after joining, it can be used normally, I don't Know what the surface book is.

I said that I modified the surface pro method, you can refer to, in the surface pro, use the original voodooi2c, the touchpad is available, the keyboard is not available, so I added the keyboard processing code in voodooi2cHID, after joining, it can be used normally, I don't Know what the surface book is.

Yeah, i read that and did try to find out what exactly you've adjusted, on my surface book 2, without the voodooI2C kexts my trackpad and keyboard gets recognized but gestures are not available and with both kexts keyboard and trackpad won't work at all.

The question here would be, how will I get the correct processing codes for trackpad and keyboard to adjust voodooI2C? Do you mean vendor and HW IDs, out of the device manager under windows?

Yeah, i read that and did try to find out what exactly you've adjusted, on my surface book 2, without the voodooI2C kexts my trackpad and keyboard gets recognized but gestures are not available and with both kexts keyboard and trackpad won't work at all.

The question here would be, how will I get the correct processing codes for trackpad and keyboard to adjust voodooI2C? Do you mean vendor and HW IDs, out of the device manager under windows?
Look at this https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2CHID/pull/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back