Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MicroSoft Surface Book 2
CPU
i7-8650U
Graphics
UHD 620 + GTX 1050- disabled
I'm going to assume you've managed to get Mojave up and running.
If not, I recommend the below guide (it has a few minor mistakes, but should get you up and running):

Now to fix hardware acceleration and audio:

Copy the attached clover over the one you installed from the above guide.
Boot into Mojave with the attached clover config.plist unchanged.
This first boot will apply the 'Disable minStolenSize' patch to AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
So it is important we first boot with a fake device so the patch can be applied to Mojave.

In terminal run: sudo kextcache -i /

Now that we have booted, it is time to reboot with our intel card.
Open config.plist and disable the line: ig-platform-id by putting '#' in front of it.

<key>#ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x12345678</string>

This is ok because the other patches for <key>device-id</key> and <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key> will handle the rest.

Reboot with the changed config.plist.
If you kept all the kext I've put into clover, you should have working:

- Hardware accelleration on UHD 620 (Intel) with 2gb vram
- Screen resolution and scaling on your internal monitor should work
- Brightness keys should work normal
- Audio (output, input, etc)
- CPU Mhz/Temps should be normal - I created SSDT-RMLID.aml in /ACPI to disable the LID entirely to avoid overheating CPU
- Disabled dGPU (Nvidia gtx 1050) - I created SSDT-RMDGPU.aml in /ACPI to disable the Nvidia gpu
- Stable on SSD (Samsung PM961)
- Trackpad (no gestures)

What is not working:

- Battery
Would be awesome, but the SB2 battery setup is complex and I don't have enough time to figure it out DSDT code.
I think we probably need to create a patch similar to rehadman's SSDT-BATC.dsl
For reference, it might be helpful to see how it was solved for Linux:
(This could also fix the LID instead of disabling it like I did in SSDT-RMLID.aml)

- Wifi / Bluetooth

Work-arounds:

WIFI:
USB tp-link TL-WN725N - you can find the driver on tonymacx86.
Works well for me. iTunes, iMessage, Airplay etc work well if you follow some guides on this website.
(NullEthernet.kext being an important part of making it work)

BlueTooth:
USB Bluetooth 4.0 USB IOGEAR - no driver needed, but needs
BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext (from rehabman) to avoid disconnects.
Works with my headphones etc.

Scrolling on Trackpad:
I did not spend a lot of time trying to make gestures work. Maybe it is possible.
I decided my time was better spend on other things and bought a license of "Smart Scroll" to get scrolling - which is the only gesture I care about.

Credits for all the above solutions should go to a lot of people on this website.
I've mostly just bundled together the many solutions provided by the amazing people on this website.

Attachments

• SurfaceBook2_clover.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 1,404
Last edited:
This one is my build all ports working, Hardware acceleration working, audio working. trying to work on trackpad but gave up.

Attachments

• SURFACEBOOK 2.zip
    6 MB · Views: 1,134
Just tried ur build but didn't seem to boot so I added intelgfx 0x59168086. And ig-platform-id 0x591B0000 and finally changed from MacbookPro14.1 to MacBookPro15,2. And everything seem to work now

Tks, I know 0 about the clover configuration, just very fond of Mac OS.

I installed 10.14.2 successfully with your clover and your config, and runs very smooth.
For net I use my android device's USB share with the pkg below. Working excellent except I only have 50GB data per month.

and the touchpad is so hard to use, I tried to find a better driver but...:banghead:It's not that simple than I thought...
Here is the surface pro 4 clover link on GitHub by one of our Chinese bros, hope has help.

Attachments

• HoRNDIS-9.2.pkg.zip
    37.9 KB · Views: 298
Just tried ur build but didn't seem to boot so I added intelgfx 0x59168086. And ig-platform-id 0x591B0000 and finally changed from MacbookPro14.1 to MacBookPro15,2. And everything seem to work now
trackPad works normally too?

My trackpad works normal. Had to increase the tracking speed a bit in system preferences.
(No gestures)

I don't think the surface pro 4 trackpad is the same as the surface book 2 version.
So none of the solutions for it worked.
Probably requires a modified version of VoodooI2C.kext

Last edited:
My trackpad works normal. Had to increase the tracking speed a bit in system preferences.
(No gestures)

I don't think the surface pro 4 trackpad is the same as the surface book 2 version.
So none of the solutions for it worked.
Probably requires a modified version of VoodooI2C.kext

have you got the trackpad working ? If not I hope this picture helps

You can try my modified voodooi2c

You can try my modified voodooi2c
I tried your modified voodoi2c but it doesn't work. after installing the kext my mouse stopped working but the system menu for the trackpad is enabled. Had to use USB mouse to take out the kext.

I tried your modified voodoi2c but it doesn't work. after installing the kext my mouse stopped working but the system menu for the trackpad is enabled. Had to use USB mouse to take out the kext.
Then you need to download the source code to modify voodooi2c, and then test it on your own machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back