Contribute
Register

Surface Book 2 15" Mojave on external HDD Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was maybe not the best move cuz my surface panic at third boot when it's suppose to boot in to desktop. Is there any guide where i can find knowledge how to troubleshoot or advance in my tryings? Feels like I'm missing something even when i follow guides. Or how to understand the log spitting out info before kernel panic?

Attaching panic screen and my Clover file structure and is hoping someone can yell at me for doing wrong or point me in the right direction.

Attachments

• IMG_2296.jpg
    IMG_2296.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
  • Clover.png
    Clover.png
    352.7 KB · Views: 127
That was maybe not the best move cuz my surface panic at third boot when it's suppose to boot in to desktop. Is there any guide where i can find knowledge how to troubleshoot or advance in my tryings? Feels like I'm missing something even when i follow guides. Or how to understand the log spitting out info before kernel panic?

Attaching panic screen and my Clover file structure and is hoping someone can yell at me for doing wrong or point me in the right direction.
get rid of VoodooHDA kext

dsym files don't belong in there either, nor does New Folder

Mojave 10.14.6 is now installed and booting without USB. Now I need to figure out how to fix GFX, sound and wifi. I'm still a bit noob when it comes to patches and config.plist as i guess could be the thing to reach my goal?

Mojave 10.14.6 is now installed and booting without USB. Now I need to figure out how to fix GFX, sound and wifi. I'm still a bit noob when it comes to patches and config.plist as i guess could be the thing to reach my goal?
what make and model is your wifi?

GFX: Intel UHD Graphics 620. Want to be able to scale down resolution.
Wifi: Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC
Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio(SST)

Do you need to know what clover version and what kext and driver files i have on my USB?

GFX: Intel UHD Graphics 620. Want to be able to scale down resolution.
Wifi: Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC
Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio(SST)

Do you need to know what clover version and what kext and driver files i have on my USB?
not sure if your wifi is supported on mac, you may need to replace the hardware

you can zip and upload your clover folder and i can take a look at your audio issue

not sure if your wifi is supported on mac, you may need to replace the hardware

you can zip and upload your clover folder and i can take a look at your audio issue
It's a Microsoft Surface Book 2 and there is no chance to change hardware. The originator of this thread stated he had working sound for example. So I'm trying to figure out what information i need to read and gain some more knowledge about the process.

EFI.zip is attached. Thank you!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 175
And the EFI folder from above zip is copied from Boot USB to EFI partition in MacOS.

It's a Microsoft Surface Book 2 and there is no chance to change hardware. The originator of this thread stated he had working sound for example. So I'm trying to figure out what information i need to read and gain some more knowledge about the process.

EFI.zip is attached. Thank you!
add AppleALC.kext to clover/kexts/other

add this to config.plist:

Code:
<key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1f,3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
                <key>#PinConfigurations</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
                <key>#no-controller-patch</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
            </dict>

then change layout ID from 3 to whatever audio codec you have:

see here as to where you need to copy and paste the above code in config.plist

also enable these:

Code:
<key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment-IRQ Fix</key>
                <string>The following fixes may be needed for onboard audio/USB/etc</string>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <true/>
            </dict>

Thank you very much. I'm done with that. So next thing is to add these changes to EFI disk in MacOS? Clean and replace all or just add the changed files?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back