Contribute
Register

Surface Book 2 15" Mojave on external HDD Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
SysPrefs->Displays, Option + click on Scaled.
I tried that and still only get 3240x2160.
Even with RDM app, It shows 1620x1080 with the lighting bolt icon next to it but when i click it the selection isnt made nor does the resolution change.

I tried that and still only get 3240x2160.
Even with RDM app, It shows 1620x1080 with the lighting bolt icon next to it but when i click it the selection isnt made nor does the resolution change.

Double check your work regarding display override file creation/installation.

And no further ideas without problem reporting files as requested in the FAQ.

Supplimental guide to get graphics and audio to work:

Hi. Many thanks for a great community. I have literally studied every step in this thread (original post) and above post (mini guide) to get Mojave installed on my Surface Book 2 15" (Nordic keyboard). I'm up to nearly 48 hours of different tries and troubleshooting. I have tried different macOS versions like High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina but none can get passed *see attached picture* when starting the installer in Verbose mode from manually created Clover USB.

Followed this to create Clover USB:https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Clover (RehabMan's) is MBR with 2 partitions and flashed the install files with "createinstallmedia method". Have tried different kext files but no difference. I have only changed one thing in config.plist and that is ig-platform-ids to 0x12345678. Do I need to change more things? I'm pretty new to this. Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_2291.jpg
    IMG_2291.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Hi. Many thanks for a great community. I have literally studied every step in this thread (original post) and above post (mini guide) to get Mojave installed on my Surface Book 2 15" (Nordic keyboard). I'm up to nearly 48 hours of different tries and troubleshooting. I have tried different macOS versions like High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina but none can get passed *see attached picture* when starting the installer in Verbose mode from manually created Clover USB.

Followed this to create Clover USB:https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Clover (RehabMan's) is MBR with 2 partitions and flashed the install files with "createinstallmedia method". Have tried different kext files but no difference. I have only changed one thing in config.plist and that isig-platform-ids to 0x12345678. Do I need to change more things? I'm pretty new to this. Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction.

Thank you!
use a later version of clover

Tried with 5103, it stops at the same place.

Tried with 5103, it stops at the same place.
try one of these, one at a time:
OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv or AptioMemoryFix.efi

try one of these, one at a time:
OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv or AptioMemoryFix.efi
Thank you for the reply. Can you be a bit more specific cuz I'm not exactly sure if you mean in EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI (I see AptioMemoryFix.efi here) or if it's supposed to be placed in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI (don't see any AptioMemoryFix.efi here).

Thank you for the reply. Can you be a bit more specific cuz I'm not exactly sure if you mean in EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI (I see AptioMemoryFix.efi here) or if it's supposed to be placed in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI (don't see any AptioMemoryFix.efi here).
latest versions of clover has had a directory re order

old version:
EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

new version:
EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI

remove
drivers64UEFI folder

and then try one of those files one at a time in
EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.