Graphics
Geforce GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello you wonderful community of Hackintosh. I'm definitely new to this and definately learning from the wonderful tools you all have shared here.

I have hit a road block on my first build and unsure if at this point I dive deep in a tool a feel intimidated by (Clover) or start anew with a different motherboard (concerned I do not have a compatible MB for OS X). I thought I vetted all the components and everything has been stellar until trying to get OS X Yosemite installed.

This is the build for my first Hackintosh:
MB - EVGA Z87 Stinger mITX
CPU - Intel i5 4670k
GPU - EVGA GTX 760 SC 4GB
RAM - Crucial Tactical Ballistic (low profile) 1600Mhz, 2x4GB
SSD - Samsung 840 EVO (Formatted for OSX)
HDD - WD Black 4TB ( Formatted for OSX)
WiFi - None
Bluetooth - Onboard V2.0
Sound - Onboard Creative Sound Core3D Quad-core
Case - EVGA Hadron Air with EVGA ACX mITX Cooler
*for those that will ask: I have gone through the forums on troubleshooting (Chimera) boot flags + going through all possible combinations (using this as reference: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...upported-intel-based-pc.html#install_yosemite ); I have also tried the -x, -v, etc.

Each time it flashes the grey Apple load screen for about 1 second before reloading to the USB boot loader. I have gone into the BIOS for EVGA and adjusted all fields that are suggested; though I cannot find the CFG-mode or Secure Boot Mode settings (do not believe there are any).

I found this link to someone who used Clover successfully, though they had issues updating the kext for getting the sound card to work.
[ http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-hardware-discussion/136092-evga-z87-stinger-hackintosh.html ]

If you know that the EVGA Z87 Stinger is NOT compatible with OS X installs - please let me know. If you feel I'd have better luck using Clover, please let me know. (I've been reading into Clover and not sure if I'll get that all set correctly - sure I can follow tutorials but mind you not a programmer here)

I felt like a I had some solid components for this build but perhaps not. I'll suppose I could build it out for a Steam Box for someone or just get new Mother board (Gigabyte seem to be the most successful?).

Thanks so much for your time and input - I've tons of patience for learning so this challenge is alluding me.

IMG_8558-3.PNG
(this is what image I was able to catch at end of -v boot loading sequence - extremely fast so I had to video then backtrack)

I have hit a road block on my first build and unsure if at this point I dive deep in a tool a feel intimidated by (Clover) or start anew with a different motherboard (concerned I do not have a compatible MB for OS X). I thought I vetted all the components and everything has been stellar until trying to get OS X Yosemite installed.

This is the build for my first Hackintosh:
MB - EVGA Z87 Stinger mITX
CPU - Intel i5 4670k
GPU - EVGA GTX 760 SC 4GB
RAM - Crucial Tactical Ballistic (low profile) 1600Mhz, 2x4GB
SSD - Samsung 840 EVO (Formatted for OSX)
HDD - WD Black 4TB ( Formatted for OSX)
WiFi - None
Bluetooth - Onboard V2.0
Sound - Onboard Creative Sound Core3D Quad-core
Case - EVGA Hadron Air with EVGA ACX mITX Cooler
*for those that will ask: I have gone through the forums on troubleshooting (Chimera) boot flags + going through all possible combinations (using this as reference: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...upported-intel-based-pc.html#install_yosemite ); I have also tried the -x, -v, etc.

Which bootable USB you have?? Clover or UniBeast??

Each time it flashes the grey Apple load screen for about 1 second before reloading to the USB boot loader. I have gone into the BIOS for EVGA and adjusted all fields that are suggested; though I cannot find the CFG-mode or Secure Boot Mode settings (do not believe there are any).

Is the BIOS running with latest available firmware??

I found this link to someone who used Clover successfully, though they had issues updating the kext for getting the sound card to work.
[ http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-hardware-discussion/136092-evga-z87-stinger-hackintosh.html ]

Enabling audio will be challenge here.

If you know that the EVGA Z87 Stinger is NOT compatible with OS X installs - please let me know. If you feel I'd have better luck using Clover, please let me know. (I've been reading into Clover and not sure if I'll get that all set correctly - sure I can follow tutorials but mind you not a programmer here)

Cannot say it is not compatible at all. I think you can install OS X, but not sure on onboard Audio.

I felt like a I had some solid components for this build but perhaps not. I'll suppose I could build it out for a Steam Box for someone or just get new Mother board (Gigabyte seem to be the most successful?).

Yes. Gigabyte seem to be most successful one.

View attachment 136075
(this is what image I was able to catch at end of -v boot loading sequence - extremely fast so I had to video then backtrack)

The reason for this issue can be BIOS firmware/settings, wrong clover's config.plist,etc.

Apologies - using Unibeast (created USB loader) with Multibeast on it for when I can actually get the OS to go into install mode.

I have not updated any BIOS on the motherboard - by your post I'm assuming I could connect my build to Ethernet and then go from there from EVGA's site? I have not tried this and perhaps I missed this in other forum posts... I'll look into that now.

So it seems that Clover is essentially a way to install similar to Chimera but with the ability to adjust kernal extensions? This is the area not familiar with so I'll have to dig in deep here. The audio issue is concerning for sure.

Thanks for the quick response - I'll update on success of more challenges.

I have not updated any BIOS on the motherboard - by your post I'm assuming I could connect my build to Ethernet and then go from there from EVGA's site? I have not tried this and perhaps I missed this in other forum posts... I'll look into that now.

Yes. Check in the vendor's web site for BIOS updates.

So it seems that Clover is essentially a way to install similar to Chimera but with the ability to adjust kernal extensions? This is the area not familiar with so I'll have to dig in deep here. The audio issue is concerning for sure.

CLOVER is bit difficult to understand first time, it is not easiest as Chimera/Unibeast method.

Well... thank you for your support - unfortunately not able to update the BIOS (EVGA is not easy with an OS already installed) and with my options on Clover limited I think Ill start over with a different MB and go from there.

Love the forum - keep up the great work. Any mod that catches this thread may close it.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back